Corsair Community

Bad ram upgrade

sunnydevgan422

I Have recently purchased corsair vengeance RAM.

When i pared this ram with already installed another same pair ram ,Every time windows OS start to crash and games and other software also crashes after 5 to 15 min.

I have tested this ram with memtest86 software and then it shows so many errors . When i remove this ram my pc runs without any crashing of freezing.

Test ne new kit individually and if you get any errors module for module, to see if one of them is defective.

Otherwise it might be a compatibility issue between the two kits. Even if they share the same model number, mixing kits is not recommended in general. If the ICs used on them are different, that can also further reduce the chance of them working together at spec. You can verify the ICs with the Corsair version number on the heatspreaders.

• 2 weeks later...
try running passmark memtest 86 as opposed to the windows built in program as this is a very good program to identify problems as the new ram may be faulty ive just had 2 sets of faulty ram myself corsair reliability do sent see-mas good as it once was Edited by cwitty
add a picture