Corsair Community

Chair Nearly Broke My Neck

Dicehunter

I went to sit on my Corsair T2 chair on Sunday the 9th of March, Upon sitting down the whole base came away, I fell backwards and for a moment I thought I nearly broke my neck as I fell backwards at an angle against the wall, There was a very painful cracking feeling, I weigh 95KG so I know I am not over the weight limit for the chair which is 135KG.

I went to the hospital as I had immense pain in my neck afterwards, Which I still have now, And found out I severely strained my neck and won't be able to fully look left, Right, Up or down for a few weeks until I heal.

Upon further inspection of the chair, Which by the way is only over a year old, It seems the metal is very brittle and low quality, Rather disappointing considering this cost £300.

I've tried to disconnect the wheel part from the stem that snapped off but it seems it is on there to stay so I'd need a new wheel base, Stem and under part that bolts onto the chair.

Pictures for reference and I also made a support ticket last Sunday which has not been answered, Ticket number is - #2001058695

Ip3t39p.jpg

eOe1v9A.jpg

Edited by Dicehunter
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I went to sit on my Corsair T2 chair on Sunday the 9th of March, Upon sitting down the whole base came away, I fell backwards and for a moment I thought I nearly broke my neck as I fell backwards at an angle against the wall, There was a very painful cracking feeling, I weigh 95KG so I know I am not over the weight limit for the chair which is 135KG.

I went to the hospital as I had immense pain in my neck afterwards, Which I still have now, And found out I severely strained my neck and won't be able to fully look left, Right, Up or down for a few weeks until I heal.

Upon further inspection of the chair, Which by the way is only over a year old, It seems the metal is very brittle and low quality, Rather disappointing considering this cost £300.

I've tried to disconnect the wheel part from the stem that snapped off but it seems it is on there to stay so I'd need a new wheel base, Stem and under part that bolts onto the chair.

Pictures for reference and I also made a support ticket last Sunday which has not been answered, Ticket number is - #2001058695

Ip3t39p.jpg

eOe1v9A.jpg

Have you had a reply from Corsair bud?

• 2 weeks later...
That's heartbreaking. Hoping for your fast recovery.

Thank you, Although now I have a permanent cracking sound in my neck that gives me sharp pains whenever I turn my head even though this happened nearly a month ago.

Have you had a reply from Corsair bud?

Yep, Faulty chair was picked up and a brand new chair was delivered a few days ago.

Woah that's pretty bad! I have a corsair T3 rush and now I'm gonna be paranoid

We have to remember ALL the frames of these gaming chairs, Doesn't matter if it's Corsair, Secret labs, DXracer, Noble Chairs etc... all come from the same OEM and they use a very low quality steel to increase profits.

I gave the T2 to a work friend who wanted something for his teenage kid, My next chair is going to be from a company that specializes in actual chairs, Not "Gaming" chairs.

• 1 month later...