Corsair Community

How many fans can Commander Pro Support

will_s

Using splitter cables how many fans can the Commander pro Handle? I have 3 HD120 fans and 3 Noctua 120mm NF-S12A connected to 2 radiators and another HD120mm fan at the bottom of the case as well as the XD5 RGB Pump connected to slot 6 on the Commander Pro.

So I need 2 splitter cables ...one to connect the bottom HD120 fan to one of the other HD120 fans by splitter cable and connect the Noctua fans with one splitter cable and the other by itself.

Will run the Noctua fans on Custom Curve as they are 1200rpm and the HD120's about 1400rpm....about 70% on another Custom curve.

So how many fans can it support? ( including the XD5 )

And can you mix your fans ? ( like the Noctua above )

hey buddy.. always worth the read.. covers what the CoPro can and cant handle..

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

but to answer your question.

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro (note there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit (including it's MCU and any Corsair RGB Strips you have attached) and I recommend no more than 2 Fans on any one Channel (note, seen plenty of issues when trying to use triple PWM splitters or more). and no more than 8 fans in total IMHO..

I run 10 fans off my CP.

I have 3x120mm ML120 Pro RGB on a 1>3 splitter for each rad (thats 9 fans on three channels) and my 10th rear fan on the the 4th channel.

Everything work great, however it is more an understanding of the draw then the number. The ML120 Pro RGBs are not heavy draws, like little over .2a each, this leaves me in the neighborhood of .7a draw total. Well under the 1a limit.

I also have 2 lighting Pros and a Node pro connected to the CP.

This Sunday I will connect up my XD5 to channel 6, but that's merely to have PWM control on the pump, there should be no draw.

You will be fine with standard 2 way splitters. Just pick one end or the other and start working you way across. For each radiator, 2 fans share a splitter. 3rd fan goes solo. That takes you up slot #5 where the single 120 at the bottom can go. Pump PWM connector on #6.

This is not a current issue. The pump does not draw power from the Commander Pro. It's just 7 fans and the Noctua use a pittance of current. Plenty of safety overhead.

One of my RD120 fans has lost control...have 3x120mm RD120mm fans on top plugged into fans slots 1,2 & 3 and the fan1 is just stuck at 1566 rpm no matter what I do..put it to zero or put it to 100% and its stays at 1566rpm..RGB works on all

The other 3 RD120mm fans in the rear 30mm rad work good and I plugged the Noctua into the CPU fan header. Still may find another splitter and do a splitter on each rad with the other one solo like c-attack suggested

I guess its take the case apart and swap connections or just ignore it

Connector swap or even just disconnect and re-connect is always the place to start. One rare occasions, we have seen one header on the C-Pro lock up. It always seems to be #1. It is not a permanent state and usually resets on restart.

Also, go into the settings (top) for the Commander Pro and change your fan type from 'Auto' to 4 pin for all your fans. There is no need for the software to do a fan test on each boot. All of your fans are 4 pin PWM.

nah, doesnt work...tried the lot

so I guess I will RA it back............nah, just put it in the ignore basket and set the other 2 fans to same speed using custom mode

edit: I didnt tuen off the psu but did so when changing some plugs over and adding another SSD and on restart they are all working

Edited by will_s