Corsair Community

Will Corsair keyboard play nice with other brand mouse?

pontageek

Hi, I have a question. As mentioned in the title, I'm wondering if you'll be able to use Corsair keyboard maximum potential if you use other brand mouse. So, I'm planning to purchase K95 platinum XT to pair it with my Logitech pro wireless. If I make macro profiles that contain instructions for keyboard and mouse presses, will iCUE register the mouse clicks (both the simple left, right click and the side buttons click)?

Honestly my friend, I’d choose another company if I were you.

iCUE is a hot mess of garbage that they’re constantly fire fighting to achieve a basic level of competent operational use. They don’t even post change logs anymore with updates so you know what’s been fixed and what issues still persist.

I have a few Corsair devices, but won’t be using them anymore once they’re replaced. It’s up to you of course, but I’d suggest reading the forums first to get a feel for how customer reaction is to iCUE.

Best

Wulf

• Confused 1

I own corsair AIO and fans, so far no problem for me. I'd like to have a centralized control system and stay in 1 ecosystem. iCue in my opinion is pretty intuitive and easy to use but I haven't used it long enough to see if this software is reliable or not. I do see several issues and complaints with iCue in this thread. Did you experience many problems with it that make you want to change?

I threw my old G502 on to double check and it will recognize mouse clicks, scroll wheel, and movement once you check those three boxes in the keyboard -> Actions -> macro creation tab. It does not recognize side mouse buttons (for/back), but that is the same for Corsair mice as well. It also will not recognize Logi proprietary keys like a sniper button that do not have a native recognition in the OS. Same issue with other brands including Corsair. If the software is not running, it can't interpret those unique buttons. I do not use this thing normally and I am not running the Logi software, so I can't offer long term observations and the list of possible macros is endless.

I threw my old G502 on to double check and it will recognize mouse clicks, scroll wheel, and movement once you check those three boxes in the keyboard -> Actions -> macro creation tab. It does not recognize side mouse buttons (for/back), but that is the same for Corsair mice as well. It also will not recognize Logi proprietary keys like a sniper button that do not have a native recognition in the OS. Same issue with other brands including Corsair. If the software is not running, it can't interpret those unique buttons. I do not use this thing normally and I am not running the Logi software, so I can't offer long term observations and the list of possible macros is endless.

Thanks c-attack. I'll do more research before pulling the trigger. I have old G512 with me and I'm looking for an upgrade. Logitech g hub software is pretty good so far, it recognizes games & programs automatically and you can assign profiles for each individual games. So I'll find out if support from iCue is better or worst.