The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Customer Service > Warranty and RMA Questions

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 PM
LTK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 563581
LTK Reputation: 10
Default RMA for different product?

I have two Corsair Force F80 solid state drives. I bought both them for use on Mac systems, and they have always had persistent problems with hibernate mode causing he gray screen of death whenever I tried to resume.

I waited it out, hoping new firmware updates would resolve the problem, dealing with the issue frequently & avoiding hibernate mode whenever I could.

However, I continue to have these problems & its clear no updated firmware will ever be released that will address the issue. (I even backed them up, removed them from my Mac systems & updated them to the latest firmware using my Windows desktop, since no Mac tool for updating firmware was released.)

I love Corsair's products, and I wish to continue to do business with them. However, it seems likely that sending these drives which are still under warranty in for RMA would not improve my situation - Does Corsair's other solid state drives suffer from this problem was well? Such as the non-SandForce Nova or Performance series drives? Or the new SandForce controller drives such as the Force 3 series?

If so, would it even be possibly to get an RMA exchange for one of these solid state drives?

I picked up an Intel 320 series 80GB SSD to compare & I've experienced no issues with it. Its disappointing; I'd much rather purchase from Corsair.

Thank you for taking the time to read my concerns.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 563686
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I am sorry but no we do not have any sort of upgrade program. But you can request the RMA then contact our customer service and see what the replacement options would be.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 AM
LTK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 564020
LTK Reputation: 10

Thanks RAM GUY. I'll try that and see what happens.