Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Parmenedes's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948525
Parmenedes Reputation: 10
Default Anyone know of plans for an rgb power supply? And how do you like iCUE so far?

Hi guys,

I recently built a new gaming system and am giving my old one to my step son. I'm a fan of RGB (don't hate me!) and currently have a k95 platinum, several RGB ML fans, a liquid cooling unit, and a few RGB strips (all made by corsair). I need to get a new power supply and would like one that can connect via usb to the computer to show how much power the various components (vid card, cpu, drives, etc.) are using - mostly just out of curiosity.

I honestly wasn't going to go with a corsair power supply due to the negative stuff I've read about the link software combined with a lot of issues I've had with CUE over the years, but having recently checked out iCUE, I dig what I see so far and am thinking about getting a corsair power supply (with usb connector) along with the commander pro (since apparently - and somewhat surprisingly - iCUE can't do much with my fans aside from changing color without the commander pro, and it doesn't even recognize the liquid cooler at all).

So what I'm curious about is the aforementioned question: does anyone know if Corsair has any plans to release an rgb power supply anytime soon? I haven't really found any info online with respect to that, but given the general direction corsair has been going, I figure it's somewhere on their to-do list. My current/old power supply works fine, but I'll need a new one when I give my old rig to my step son and am trying to decide whether to go ahead and purchase what's available now, or give it a couple of months if Corsair has something in the works.

And more generally, for those of you who are using iCUE to manage several Corsair products (including fans, liquid coolers, power supplies, or anything else) what is your experience of it so far? I'd like to imagine that Corsair has upped their software game to match their hardware game, but I am admittedly a bit skeptical.

Thanks ahead of time for your responses!