Corsair Community

VOID Pro Directional sound is terrible

Cranium

After using these a while, I absolutely hate these now for FPS games. I was just playing PUBG and thought I was getting shot from behind so spun around and was shooting looking for the person shooting me. I went down and died. The replay showed the guy was almost in front of me and I spun around to give him my back. No, I didn't have them on backwards. :mad:

I just ordered Turtle Beach Elite Pros. These are a waste of money until the day they fix the drivers (if it can be fixed with those).

Yes i have to agree, i have the Void Pro RGB it is inferior to my vengeance 1500 both for surround sound in 5.1/7.1 bass and software speaker positioning. I have $30 earbud that sound better than the VOID PRO using the CUE software. I dont think Corsair gives a s*it about their consumer base otherwise they wouldnt release a product with such horrid software. The sound for the RGB pro is flat and horrid. Wished i had my $125 i paid back but live and learn. I have no plans on EVER buying Corsair brand of headsets unless they change CUE to add positional features for 7.1 and 5.1 and fix the BASS issues with VOID PRO. Edited by Cromshadow

• Corsair Employee

This is some very interesting feedback about our new headsets and current software. Just so we can clarify some information, have your tried using the headset with CUE set to Stereo, and verified the game title supports and is set to surround mode?

While the drivers would be an easy suspect to consider with sound quality issues, when it comes to Dolby, the driver is built off of a format standard that doesn't allow for deviation.

Hello Corsair Nick,

I have used them in both Stereo and Dolby mode on multiple installs and different computers to get these headphones to sound as good as my Corsair Vengeance 1500v2. I play several games that support Dobly 5.1 and 7.1 namely Rainbow 6 siege. I did a side by side comparison between the Vengeance 1500v2 and The Void Pro RGB USB and while the drivers are the same the sound quality between them is as clear as day. While I cannot return the Void RGB PRO to my retailer i've boxed it back up and stuck it in a corner. I've literally tried older version of cue to get The Void Pro to work but unfortunately it seems to be a software issue rather than a hardware. What made me buy another Corsair headset after the left Cup came loose is the quality of the sound and the amazing 3D positioning of speakers within the Vengeance 1500v2 software. I have no doubt that the issues related to the flat sounds of the bass and the positional sound of the 5.1 and 7.1 with the Void pro lies in the CUE application drivers for that headset. I hope that a positional speaker Option is added to CUE for the Void pro as well as a driver update that will fix the flat sounds.

Edited by Cromshadow

• 4 months later...
Anyone find a solution to this? I bought the void pro because it is very comfortable and wireless. Unfortunately, the directional sound is horrible in pubg. Tried every setting possible (stereo, dolby, fps etc, mix and match) with the same result. My old $15 gaming headset blows my void pro out the water when it comes to directional sound. pls help.

• 4 weeks later...
I have to agree with the users on this thread. I created an account to discuss the surround sound features on the VOID Pro but turns out I'm not the only one finding lackluster quality in directional sound. This is extremely apparent in PUBG, less so in CS:GO, but I found using stereo mode is superior to the Dobly Stereo setting included in CUE. Moreover, I prefer using the pair of Sennheiser bluetooth headphones I have which also support Windows Sonic (Dolby Atmos was subpar) and wish that setting was available for CUE. The 8 channel audio is working, but it could be working better IMO and others as well so it seems.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am both sad and happy to see this post. I've been playing really bad lately and I was really hoping it wasn't my weed. I just can't figure out where everything is happening, sometimes even where my teammates are, and this is only noticeably happening in PUBG. Argh, I hope this gets fixed ASAP. So far, my experience with the Void pro has not been good (sidetone problem when lifting the mic with cue open and weird Dolby sound).

• 6 months later...
I know I am late to the party but I wanted to shed some light on this seen as there are quite a couple people calling the sound flat and horrid. I have to agree, that the default equalizer is awful and sounds really flat. I have made a selection of three different presets for different levels of bass and clarity and thought id share them here as they make it sound like a completely different headset. Hopefully these help you guys! Pure Bass is used for listening to music where you want to amplify the bass (Need to turn up the volume for this), Balanced bass is for normal music listening and gaming, Pure clarity is for when you want to hear game sounds very clearly so like footsteps and such. Enjoy!!!!!!

777116509_BalancedBassV2.PNG.779106af3014edc0c00c991fcd65c20d.PNG

2035523031_PureClarityV6.PNG.8faf141ff266d768af46c609c94d3fb3.PNG

157758662_PureBassV2.PNG.f40ef4b06d32e6a14ee2b001fd346c86.PNG

• 2 months later...
I am glad that you like them! I have since made minor revisions to them so that they sound more balanced. I wish Corsair would include them in the box as they sound so much better than the ones that they have made. I have attached a cueprofile with just the equalisers exported so you can import them directly.

Equalisers.cueprofile

• 7 months later...

Hi guys im new here and i dont know how to start a new thread, sorry

Ive just bought a Cosair void elite and lights not working at all !

Corsair iCue detect them but i cannot find the light settings...just sound settings

Please somebody help me

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, in game sound and especially music on my Void Elite is kinda dull no matter what i do with the equalizer.. While in movies it hands down beats its double priced competitor Arctis 7. Which tells me the problem is in software.

I really hope they fix it and perhaps add more options like Dynamic Range Compression which is literally a game changer.