Corsair Community

Fan setup with the commander pro

Creaze

So in my build im planning on having x1LL120 RGB in the rear for exhaust, x2LL120 RGB connected to the H100i AIO (I know these wont count towards the commader pro as it just connects to the cpu fan connector), and x2ML140 NON RGB in the front for intake. I have a commander pro as well to regulate all the fan speeds and lighting for the 3 rgb fans and the fan speeds for the 2 non rgb fans in iCUE. What i was wondering is even though I have 2 different fan types going into my commander pro, can i still control the speed of each individual fan as well as rgb? I've read on threads that if you have 2 different corsair fans connected to the commander pro in the same channel then you cant control rgb of individual fans, but because 2 of the 5 fans (ML series) are non rgb could i still control fan speed and rgb of each fan separately? I'm trying to go through all of this hassle because i've heard the rgb variants of the LL and ML series aren't as good as their non-rgb counterpart. In terms of noise and capacity to cool where does the rgb ML and LL series rank against the non-rgb ML and LL series rank? Thank you! I've looked through Zottys FAQ and it doesnt mention this type of setup.

Oh okay great! So if I understand correctly it would work something like this... the rear LL120 3-pin rgb connector plugs into my motherboard, and the 4-pin pwm plugs into the commander pro, the AIO fans have their own connectors so I dont have to worry about plugging them into the commander pro, and finally for the x2ML140 non-rgb 4-pin pwm connectors would plug into the commander pro, therefore taking up a total of 3 fan slots on the commander pro (1 from the LL120 and 2 from the x2ML140). With this setup I would be able to control the rgb and fan speed of each fan?

no.. you can't plug the fan rgb 3 pin connector into the mother board.. you are going to need and RGB fan LED Hub which you would plug into one of the LED channels on the Commander Pre.... its all in that faq i linked to dude ;)

ahhh okay thats the part I was unsure about. Hmmm how am I to go about getting an rgb LED hub then if I dont want to buy a multi-pack or even an rgb set of fans? Also can I even mix and match the the 4-pin pwn connectors of different fans on the commander pro as long as they are corsair products? Edited by Creaze