Corsair Community

GPU Cooling (r9 290) + cases?

AnarchyDK

Hi folks

This is my specs:

Corsair Obsidian 650D,Asus Rampage V Extreme,Corsair H110 Hydro Series,XFX Radeon R9 290.

And, of course, I have issue with temp. on my graphic card.

I would like to upgrade my graphic card with Hydro Series HG10 A1 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket +Hydro Series H100i Extreme.

So, before I starting order components, I checked my case and is no place for mounting extra 240mm radiators on front :(

Can you give me any suggestion?Which case is compatible?

I searched thru Corsair and it seems 750D airflow is compatible, but that one to expensive for upgrading only GPU cooling.

I don't want buy a new case, and for that matter, will cost me more than a new graphic card.

I want upgrade my r9 290 and cool down temp. and use it for next period of time.

Thx. for reading and I appreciate your help.

• Corsair Employee

The first thing you want to make sure of is that your R9 290 is compatible with the HG10 A1.

For your system, you could actually just use an H75 to cool the 290 and mount it to either the front of the case or the rear exhaust. An H75 is plenty for an R9 290, trust me. It's what we use internally on almost all of our HG10 demos.

Thank you for your response.

This is from your home page, below The Hydro Series HG10 A1 GPU:

"The Hydro Series HG10 A1 GPU liquid cooling bracket allows you to adapt a Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler (not included) to your GPU. It’s compatible with reference design AMD Radeon 290 and 290X graphics cards and it installs quickly and easily."

From this, I assumed, that can fit on my r9 290.?

And in my 650d, my cpu running on really low temp. 35-39 under heavy load. I have really good cooling from h110, but gpu is too hot. You can't touch it with hands. Back plate (on case) is the same. Under load, my gpu running on 94-96 C.

Tried with different software and tweaking fan on gpu. If my fan running on 60 % i have around 76 C and that is really loud.

I'm afraid, ordering h75, it wouldn't be enough and I will still have same problem.

Yup, is reference card.

I checked gtx 970 and my r9 290 is just little bit behind. So, I decide to invest in new tower 750d airflow, and H110i GT. Will use old one from CPU to cool down GPU and H110i GT will use of course, for CPU.

In that case, I will have in future possibility to cool down gtx 980 when is price not to be so high.

Anw, thank you for your response.

Archived