Corsair Community

H50 cracked hose due to slight torque.

Nurface

I had similar H50 installed in my HAF932 Case but once the hose cracked leaking fluid ruining my GPU GTX 295, sound card, and Tagan 1100 PSU I decided to try H50 with slight change in direction for H50 hoses. Has anyone else ever suffered H50 hose leak and does anyone think bottom configuration will cause any issue since it's on side.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1250/h50m.jpg

vs

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9096/h50now.jpg

Yeah killer i saw your post and made me think I better post a separate post of my concern. Hope you don't mine I borrowed your picture for illustration of what went wrong on mine. I was furious with my H50 leaking since no manufacture would cover warranty due to H50 causing pc parts to fail or go up in smoke. I was away from home at time leak started and got home thinking hmm why is my pc off. Yeah on Haf932 it took a little bit effort on my part to get door shut but prefer it over top and bottom mount. Top and bottom mount of H50 put some torque on hoses and that makes me nervous.

Already did RMA, my question is now that I have H50 configured on it's side will it continue to work properly since most have hose on top or bottom. I'm going with side configuration from here on out unless Corsair tells me H50 liquid will not remain flowing to cool cpu. I have G19 keyboard so I monitor temps which currently for idle cpu 25c, core 1-4 are 38-40 c.

Already did RMA, my question is now that I have H50 configured on it's side will it continue to work properly since most have hose on top or bottom. I'm going with side configuration from here on out unless Corsair tells me H50 liquid will not remain flowing to cool cpu. I have G19 keyboard so I monitor temps which currently for idle cpu 25c, core 1-4 are 38-40 c.

It's a sealed system .It will work in whatever orientation you put it. It does not matter if it is sideways or upside down. I would just keep it to where there are less bends in the tubes.

It's a sealed system .It will work in whatever orientation you put it. It does not matter if it is sideways or upside down. I would just keep it to where there are less bends in the tubes.

Yeah I finally decided to try sideways since tubes have less bends in my case this way unless I put it in the top fan area. I rather not do top mount since 200mm fan is good exhaust fan.

Thanks for input everyone.:D:

Archived