Corsair Community

Which 650D Aftermarket Case Fans ??

C650D

I would personally recommend Fractal Design silent series 120mm and 140mm, they are mega silent and move a good amount of air :D: , the white color also fits well in the 650d black interior.

Or;

Noctura fans are always a safe purchase.

I use a 140mm fan as front intake, it fits perfectly through the grill holes. I use to have an Antec BigBoy 200mm before, it was very good and moved a lot of air but was also significantly noisier than the 140mm Fractal design.

pls note, the front 200mm fan has to be 25mm thick if you want to use the two front hdd cages.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=14506&cPath=598&m1track=googlebase&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed#googlebase

those fractal fans do not move a lot of air at all..

39cfm is too low

i am going to buy 2x Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3 140mm x 25mm Ultra Quiet Fan - 1700 RPM - 27 dBA

which move in 90.04 CFM which is much better.. and those are probably the best fans out there right now.. I have done my research and decided to purchase the aerocool shark fans which move like 85cfm but one of the fans started making noises so now its on its way for an RMA.. either way - i am going to get those fans once the RMA gets approved.. keep in mind that they are not cheap

and if youre thinking about getting some watercooling done in that case you are going to be MORE THAN future proof with those fans.. as far as I can see they are the best

theres also noctua of course but their fans are ugly looking, really ugly looking therefore I did not even look at them

i have two of the noiseblocker pk2 in the top and am totally happy with them. I didnt need the extra airflow (noise) that the pk3 have so i went with the pk2.

I also have the PWM version of the noiseblocker multi frames... one as a rear exhaust and one as intake in the 5.25" bay ... both hooked to the motherboard and controlled by the CPU temp... perfect for feeding/exhausting cool air through the silver arrow.

I used a silverstone air penetrator 181 for the front intake fan and am really happy with it too. It's also controlled by CPU temp to feed extra air to my 580 sli when i game.

It wasnt a cheap project but i am really happy with the temps i get for both the CPU and the GPUs.

You gotta love a 2600K at 5ghz for 24/7 OC :)

why not a 181?

I'm not sure, what advantage does a 181 has over the AP-31s?

As far as I can tell the AP-31s push more air @ 150CFM and having two of them should be even better, whereas you would only be able to fit one 181?

Well, they say it makes a different tone that makes it seem quieter, but yes, I expect them to be loud at max RPM. That's why they'll be on a fan controller and most likely turned way down most of the time.

I'm thinking about getting two 120mm Scythe GentleTyphoon AP-31s for the front intake. Does anyone know how well they will fit? Much rigging need to be done?

I'm using 2 Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro (140mm) in the top and 2x Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series M12-S2 (120mm) in the front. One of them is partially covered though and i had to drill 2 extra holes for each fan to mount them. So not much rigging needed.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all! this is my first Corsair case (650D) and my first post here. :biggrin:

It should be delivered tomorrow BTW.

Now i am in the 'fans with blue LEDs' fan-club. and i was already considering replacing the stock with flashy blue ones.

I see there's only a <30mm gap behind the front grill.

http://www.********usa.com/Product.aspx?C=1442&ID=1964#Tab1

the above (******** 200mm Blue LED Silent Case Fan AF0046) would appear to fit at 20mm wide. but how about the CFMs@65?

Can anyone see any issues with this fan?

has anyone tried it in the front grill?

I did read the rules about mentioning competitors but i see 'megaflow' is fine, why not this one?

Archived