Corsair Community

H150I Question

tambor198

I've recently built myself a new computer for a AMD 2700x processor. I'm using a H150i cooler for the processor and have a question about the three 120mm fans. Basically I'm wondering if I could use a couple of 140mm fans to replace the three 120mm fans. Also would the 140mm fans be any improvement for cooling?

No, even if you could magically fit the wrong size fan, 2x140 will loose out to 3x120 on a radiator. In reality, you cannot magically fit it and you have to use 120 to 140mm adapter funnels. That kills your performance dead. There is no reason to ever do this.

While your CPU temps may be high, make sure you focus on coolant temperature changes for assessing your fan and pump speed settings. A 360mm cooler is never going to be the limiting factor on any CPU. Any gains you hope to make will need to be on the CPU side.

No, even if you could magically fit the wrong size fan, 2x140 will loose out to 3x120 on a radiator. In reality, you cannot magically fit it and you have to use 120 to 140mm adapter funnels. That kills your performance dead. There is no reason to ever do this.

While your CPU temps may be high, make sure you focus on coolant temperature changes for assessing your fan and pump speed settings. A 360mm cooler is never going to be the limiting factor on any CPU. Any gains you hope to make will need to be on the CPU side.

Ok, thanks for the reply. Didn't think it would be worth the effort, but had to ask. :D:

Archived