Corsair Community

iCUE reverts to demo mode on lock screen

c00lkatz

As many of you are aware, iCUE does not work on the lock screen in Windows. Even though iCUE is open and running in the background, if you lock your computer or otherwise invoke the lock screen, iCUE will default back to the rainbow demo mode for all lighting effects.

Is there any plan to fix this issue? It seems like a HUGE oversight that Corsair would require my PC be unlocked to anyone who happens across it if I want my custom lighting effects to display properly.

My current workaround is to set a screensaver with the setting to prompt for password upon resume enabled. This keeps my custom lighting profiles running while I'm away from my PC and the screensaver is active with some protection against would be tinkerers, BUT when I move the mouse to cancel the screensaver and arrive at the login screen, my custom lighting goes away, the default rainbow shows up, I log in to my PC, then my custom lighting comes back IF iCUE doesn't crash as a result, necessitating a restart of iCUE. Even when lighting does resume properly, it's severely delayed.

What's the deal here? I can understand not saving profiles to hardware for now (KIND OF - considering hardware profile saves were a capability with Link and CUE on these same devices we're using with iCUE), but I cannot understand why we must leave our PCs unlocked for custom lighting profiles to work even with iCUE running in the background.

Any update on this?

I'm also having a problem with this, When I lock my PC I want my lights to be Off, having them in rainbow mode is unfortunately the exact opposite of what I'd like.

Is there some way of flashing the demo mode on me devices to be no lights?

Perhaps not ideal but for a keyboard where you can save a hardware profile, couldn't you save a black profile (or whatever effect you want) to the keyboard? It would require you to use the profile button on the keyboard to change it. I realize this will not help with fans and other items until Corsair reintegrates that feature again in the hardware.

Perhaps not ideal but for a keyboard where you can save a hardware profile, couldn't you save a black profile (or whatever effect you want) to the keyboard? It would require you to use the profile button on the keyboard to change it. I realize this will not help with fans and other items until Corsair reintegrates that feature again in the hardware.

Yeah you have hardware playback for the keyboard and RAM, but that's it. I have K70 RGB MK.2 SE keyboard, 4 sticks of Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, 12 light strips (4 in the case, 8 around my monitor) hooked up to a Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro, 6 HD 120 fans hooked up to the Commander Pro, H150i Pro water block, ST100 headphone stand, and M65 RGB Pro mouse to sync all together. It's a freakin' rainbow light show when the computer is locked.

Yeah you have hardware playback for the keyboard and RAM, but that's it. I have K70 RGB MK.2 SE keyboard, 4 sticks of Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, 12 light strips (4 in the case, 8 around my monitor) hooked up to a Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro, 6 HD 120 fans hooked up to the Commander Pro, H150i Pro water block, ST100 headphone stand, and M65 RGB Pro mouse to sync all together. It's a freakin' rainbow light show when the computer is locked.

Yea, same for me. I really hope that they make a firmware available that will have a demo mode with no lights on

Archived