Corsair Community

Funky smell coming from Corsair one pro.

Don77

I just received my computer over the weekend and it was ice cold from sitting in the ups truck it felt like a block of ice so I let it set for 2+ hours before plugging it in And powering it on. When I did power it on it seemed fine but after a couple minutes it’s started making some crazy gurgling noises and a slight burning smell so I powered it off immediately. I let it set for another 45 minutes and powered it back up and now it is dead silent even running games, the problem is there is a strong smell coming out of the fan not quite a burning smell but like what a tv smells like after it’s been on for a long time but this smell is strong enough to smell across the room.It has gotten a bit better the last day and a half but I am still concerned is this a normal smell for this computer?

I think that "glue like plastic like" warm smell is getting worse on my Corsair. The temperature is not high, even at max WOW gaming, it is always under 50 Celsius, so I don't think anything is burning.

This smell is making my nose very itchy, and is disturbing me. Can Corsair please tell me what kind of smell is that, why it is emitting a smell like this, is that anything here that may pose a health problem? The smell is not pleasant at all.

Dear Corsair,

I think this "weird funky smell" problem is real. I moved my PC right to the Window and keep the Window open, let the outside air blow away the hot air coming out from the top of the PC, since the hot air does not come to me anymore from the bottom of my desk, my nose is barely smelling it now and my nose is much better.

This whole morning my nose has been running itchy and I have been sneezing the whole day...

Please help me out in this problem, I can't keep my window open all the time...is winter...

• Corsair Employee

Hi Waterman,

The only possibility from what you are describing is due to the resin used in power supply to reduce noise (coil whine). This is by no mean harmful. If your nose is irritated, you're most likely looking at something else entirely, I recommend consulting a healthcare professional.

Archived