Corsair Community

7700K vs 8700K Processor? Should I Wait?

Waterman

I noticed that the current Corsair One Pro's CPU is one generation behind. Does anyone here know when will the CPU get updated?

Is there much benefit to wait for the 8700K?

I realized that with Alienware Aurora R7, you can get the 8700K with almost the same price as Corsair One?

I like the small form factor and beautiful case. Aside from that, how is Corsair One better than Aurora R7?

32 GB version is also available: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-one-desktop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-2tb-hard-drive-480gb-solid-state-drive-black/6190401.p?skuId=6190401.

Notice the new SKU, appears to be legit:

CS9000013NA: 16GB

CS9000014NA: 32GB

Previous versions had different SKUs.

If you Google the new one, you'll see that it's called Corsair ONE PRO PLUS.

32 GB version is also available: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-one-desktop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-2tb-hard-drive-480gb-solid-state-drive-black/6190401.p?skuId=6190401.

Notice the new SKU, appears to be legit:

CS9000013NA: 16GB

CS9000014NA: 32GB

Previous versions had different SKUs.

If you Google the new one, you'll see that it's called Corsair ONE PRO PLUS.

Is that real? It looks real on Bestbuy website

I just bought the Corsair One Pro 1080ti 16GB yesterday evening, but it is the 7th generation as listed on this website, should I return it and get this one?

Why is this 8th generation not listed on the official Corsair website. Can someone from Corsair please clarify. Because I rather have the 8th generation than the 7th generation?

Is that real? It looks real on Bestbuy website

I just bought the Corsair One Pro 1080ti 16GB yesterday evening, but it is the 7th generation as listed on this website, should I return it and get this one

32GB 8gen version is $300 more expensive than 32GB 7gen. If you think it's worth it, feel free to return and get a new one (but it may be not in stock for some time).

As I mentioned earlier I can't really comment on future/upcoming products.

Use your best judgement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ummm...if it's shipping from Best Buy (and by all accounts it is...says I can have one by the 23rd), then you're not really commenting on a future/upcoming product...you'd be commenting on a here and now product...lol

As I mentioned earlier I can't really comment on future/upcoming products.

Use your best judgement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It causes more confusion to the public.

I think Corsair has the responsibility to explain their products.

If the customer has a question if it is a legit product and couldn't find the answer on the official website. It is a good business practice for Corsair to tell their customer. It is not a cheap computer.

On the hand, 7700K to 8700K for extra $300, I know it is future proof, but I don't know if is worth it? I played World of Warcraft mainly. Will I notice a difference? Can someone who has the experience tell me please?

I ordered the 32GB / 8700k part from Best Buy this morning. I paid the $25 for expedited shipping. It shipped today from Fremont, CA, which is where Corsair is located. I'm guessing it drop shipped directly from Corsair.

Looks like I'll have it as early as tomorrow and I'll be able to confirm that this isn't just a mis-described 7700k PC on Best Buy's website. I'm guessing that if it were a mistake, Alan would have cleared that up :)

I ordered the 32GB / 8700k part from Best Buy this morning. I paid the $25 for expedited shipping. It shipped today from Fremont, CA, which is where Corsair is located. I'm guessing it drop shipped directly from Corsair.

Looks like I'll have it as early as tomorrow and I'll be able to confirm that this isn't just a mis-described 7700k PC on Best Buy's website. I'm guessing that if it were a mistake, Alan would have cleared that up :)

Please keep us posted.

It is so weird, we are relying on a user in Corsair official forum to tell us the legitimacy of their product.

• Administrators
It shipped today from Fremont, CA, which is where Corsair is located. I'm guessing it drop shipped directly from Corsair.
Fremont's just where HQ's located. It's an office building - not a warehouse. The origin has to be a BB shipping depot, or perhaps it was shipped from a store?

No, I have no idea what you purchased either - I'm not on that side of the company.

Tom Logan did an office tour of HQ last month:

[ame]

[/ame]

Fremont's just where HQ's located. It's an office building - not a warehouse. The origin has to be a BB shipping depot, or perhaps it was shipped from a store?

Thanks for clarifying.

Fun video. Thanks for sharing it. Been using Corsair cases, components, and parts for so, so long....it's cool to see the workspace.

No, I have no idea what you purchased either - I'm not on that side of the company.

Tom Logan did an office tour of HQ last month:

Corsair Gaming Room, that is so cool. I like to visit one day. Is that open to visitor?

I noticed that the current Corsair One Pro's CPU is one generation behind. Does anyone here know when will the CPU get updated?

Is there much benefit to wait for the 8700K?

I realized that with Alienware Aurora R7, you can get the 8700K with almost the same price as Corsair One?

I like the small form factor and beautiful case. Aside from that, how is Corsair One better than Aurora R7?

Your wait is over, dude. Corsair One elite is out: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/one

The little beast arrived today. It is, as we expected, the 8700k variant.

Couple of quick notes on components:

- it's built on an MSI-7B43 board

- RAM is 2 sticks of 2666MHz

- SSD is identified in the BIOS as Samsung MZVLW5

- HD is identified in the BIOS as ST2000LM)15-2E

I haven't seen a Corsair One in person until now. Wow. What a beautiful little machine!

I won't be able to answer any additional questions until later but, honestly, this seems like an incremental upgrade to previous generations and there's not all that much to say.

Your wait is over, dude. Corsair One elite is out: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/one

WOW....It is real.

I just bought my Corsair One 16GB 1080TI 3 days ago only!!!!!!! I have to admit there is some kind of buyer remorse seeing this new one so soon.

Should I return it, spend another $300 more to get the 16GB 8700K? I am still well within the return period.

Please advice me. Is the bump from 7700K to 8700K worth the price? How much difference I will see in real life.

WOW....It is real.

I just bought my Corsair One 16GB 1080TI 3 days ago only!!!!!!! I have to admit there is some kind of buyer remorse seeing this new one so soon.

Should I return it, spend another $300 more to get the 16GB 8700K? I am still well within the return period.

Please advice me. Is the bump from 7700K to 8700K worth the price? How much difference I will see in real life.

I would ... but then, I can also use those two extra cores. Although, personally, I'm holding out for z390/8 core for my next upgrade.

What do you do on your system? That's what's going to determine how much difference you'll see in "real life".

I would ... but then, I can also use those two extra cores. Although, personally, I'm holding out for z390/8 core for my next upgrade.

What do you do on your system? That's what's going to determine how much difference you'll see in "real life".

Embarrassingly, I am only using it to play game. I never had a gaming machine in my life. I have always played on a Mac. When I returned to WOW recently, I realized that the iMac 5K is really choppy and too much screen tearing. This prompted me to look into a real gaming machine, and hence got me into Corsair One after seeing multiple tech Youtuber's reviews.

The question here is how much performance improvement I will see in gaming? In particular WOW. I read multiple websites saying that WOW is more CPU driven than GPU. Hence, make me even wonder if I will see more improvement.

Archived