Corsair Community

Lighting and actions libraries delete after reboot

Tapper55

I have created multiple lighting effects and actions (macros, key bindings and such) that I use across different profiles and saved them to the lighting and actions libraries. However, after restarting my computer, the libraries are empty. The profiles and their lighting effects and actions are still present. In order to repopulate the libraries I have to copy them over from one of the profiles.

This is getting old and I was wondering if anybody else has had the same issue and if there are any solutions.

Things I have tried:

repairing iCue installation

completely removing iCue and reinstalling

fresh install of windows with fresh install of iCue

forced firmware update (iCue always crashes before it finishes even on the fresh windows install)

I am currently running Windows 10 pro 64 bit version 1809. I have iCue version 3.10.125. I have the K95 Platinum RGB with firmware version 3.21.7168.

Just did a few quick tests with this, for me it was only happening on a system restart and to prevent it from deleting the lighting library layers, you can close iCue before you do a system restart. It's not ideal but it works as a work around for the time being until the problem is fixed.

Just did a few quick tests with this, for me it was only happening on a system restart and to prevent it from deleting the lighting library layers, you can close iCue before you do a system restart. It's not ideal but it works as a work around for the time being until the problem is fixed.

Also, as a fail-safe, you can set up your libraries and then save then - they are stored in %APPDATA%\Corsair\CUE\Libraries. To restore, just copy the files back in. Just make sure that iCUE is shut down first.

Thank you all for the quick reply. I'll give this a shot as soon as my keyboard comes back from RMA land.

Got my keyboard back and the issue still exists. I was able to recreate this workaround and confirm that my libraries remain after a restart if I close iCue first.

Archived