Corsair Community

Icue rises temps on Ryzen 5800x

Danoniero

Just got a brand new rig and was worried about my CPU idle temps sitting at 50-55c.

I've tested it extensively and figured that Icue software keeps CPU in constant boost mode thus giving high temps. Disabling Icue removed the constant boost issue and lowered temps to 30-35c.

Is this software or hardware level issue? Is it something that can be addressed? For now I'm forced to uninstall Icue.

software issue, and a bad one.

5800x here as well, 50c idle at all times... exit icue, and suddenly i idle in the 40's.

it's not as bad as it was a few versions ago but they reallllllly need to work on the CPU usage, and support of Zen 3 CPU's (we cant even see the CPU temperatures, really corsair?)

software issue, and a bad one.

5800x here as well, 50c idle at all times... exit icue, and suddenly i idle in the 40's.

it's not as bad as it was a few versions ago but they reallllllly need to work on the CPU usage, and support of Zen 3 CPU's (we cant even see the CPU temperatures, really corsair?)

Yup, it sucks for now. I mean looking at it now high idle temps doesn't bother me, my CPU doesn't even reach 60c in AC Valhalla. BUT it makes browsing and anything else annoying because of the high temps the bloody fans are ramping up constantly, especially my AIO.