Corsair Community

Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Tilteroni1626866395

Hello everyone,

so I am considering purchasing the "Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler"

I have some questions.

First, my current fans in my case are Corsair HD120 fans, will the fans that come with the new CPU cooler work along with my HD120 fans or will I have to have all my fans matching?

Next, my current RGB connections are all connected to my Commander pro can the new fans that come with the cooler connect to the commander pro or do they need to connect directly to the motherboard?

Next, What does the Liquid mean? Do I need to have a full liquid cooling set up for this to work?

also, will this cooler work along with my current CPU? which is an Intel I7 7700

Thank you for your help!

• Corsair Employee

Hi,

1.If you have HD fans and LL fans you would need two separate fan hubs, they cannot be on the same lighting channel.

2. The Commander Pro has 6 fan connectors that control the fan speed on iCUE, 4 temp connectors, 2 LED channels that support Fan hubs and LED strips, two USB pass-throughs. You are required to have more than one fan hub connected to the CMD Pro to add the additional fans. As I mentioned earlier you cannot mix fans on the same fan hub.

Here's a great break down of how our lighting should be configured.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

3. All in one liquid cooling is a radiator filled with coolant inside of a closed-loop system that cools your CPU instead of the more traditional way of air-cooled systems.

4. Our coolers support most Moderns CPU's, this one included.

If you need assistance with installation please reach out to our support team @ https://help.corsair.com/

Yes, the HD and LL fans should be on separate fan hubs. But as the Platinum series coolers have a built-in RGB Fan Controller that will control the fans that come with the cooler, that's not an issue.

Second, the actually can be on the same fan hub ... the configuration, however, is strange at best. And it's not an officially supported configuration. But it does work.