Corsair Community

Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver 4.32 won't work with Ryzen 3600?

Muffin001

So i'm in panic mode because i'm not sure if the RAM is gonna work with my motherboard at all.

The packaging says CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ver 4.32 and because i'm importing it i can't return it which means pretty much DOA and i won't be able to use the PC at all. I've still have the time to return it now but not sure if i should or not.

Anyone have experience with v 4.32? Will it works fine on the mobo?

That looks like a dual-channel (single-rank?) kit. Odds are it's probably going to work. The version of your BIOS may influence compatibility too.

I have CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (ver 4.32) and it works fine aside from some timing adjustments needed for my particular combination of mb-ram-cpu.

Are you able to test it before potentially returning it?

If you order online I don't think you can ever rely on getting a specific version of a kit.

That looks like a dual-channel (single-rank?) kit. Odds are it's probably going to work. The version of your BIOS may influence compatibility too.

I have CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (ver 4.32) and it works fine aside from some timing adjustments needed for my particular combination of mb-ram-cpu.

Are you able to test it before potentially returning it?

If you order online I don't think you can ever rely on getting a specific version of a kit.

Sadly no because I'm importing it so once it comes its gonna be almost impossible to return it. BIOS of the Mobo (Gigabyte Aorus Pro) is on the latest version but after reading online its making me paranoid if its gonna work at all. The mobo manuals say that Dual Rank works and the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 but not specified which version. Should i be worried about it? The reason is because i've seen people complaining online that 4.32 doesn't work at all or has serious issues with it.

EDIT: And idk if the Mobo has the options to set specific settings for the RAM, the only thing i've seen that was these settings from a youtube video 0iOYgoG.png

Edited by Muffin001

Sadly no because I'm importing it so once it comes its gonna be almost impossible to return it. BIOS of the Mobo (Gigabyte Aorus Pro) is on the latest version but after reading online its making me paranoid if its gonna work at all. The mobo manuals say that Dual Rank works and the CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 but not specified which version. Should i be worried about it? The reason is because i've seen people complaining online that 4.32 doesn't work at all or has serious issues with it.

EDIT: And idk if the Mobo has the options to set specific settings for the RAM, the only thing i've seen that was these settings from a youtube video ...image removed from quote...

Unless you have come across some specific info about incompatibility of that model and version with your motherboard and CPU I wouldn't be too concerned but that's just my thoughts.

If you encounter issues you can come back here and somebody may have some helpful tips. I have various replies as well in these forums helping others adjust their settings so barring an outright compatibility issue you should be ok. You may reach out to Gigabyte support for questions on your ram compatibility.

I've used 4 different kits now with my x470, none of which were even on the QVL list for my motherboard, and they worked fine (minor timing adjustments with my 4.32 kit). The only major exception has been outright incompatibility with my new kit of ECC but I got a beta bios that fixed the problem. Based on that I suspect the next AGESA update this November is going to once again help improve any ram compatibility issues on Ryzen.

Unless you have come across some specific info about incompatibility of that model and version with your motherboard and CPU I wouldn't be too concerned but that's just my thoughts.

If you encounter issues you can come back here and somebody may have some helpful tips. I have various replies as well in these forums helping others adjust their settings so barring an outright compatibility issue you should be ok. You may reach out to Gigabyte support for questions on your ram compatibility.

I've used 4 different kits now with my x470, none of which were even on the QVL list for my motherboard, and they worked fine (minor timing adjustments with my 4.32 kit). The only major exception has been outright incompatibility with my new kit of ECC but I got a beta bios that fixed the problem. Based on that I suspect the next AGESA update this November is going to once again help improve any ram compatibility issues on Ryzen.

Awesome, i'll be sure to come here to see if i can improve anything about the configuration but i myself think its gonna be fine, i'm just too much paranoid lol.

And i do think its Single Rank, hope that doesn't matter too much because Gigabytes manuals say it supports the Dual Rank kit.

Could you tell me what those little adjustments were?

I have the Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 with Corsair ver 4.32 and dont reach 3200Mhz... only 3000Mhz stable

thanks

Could you tell me what those little adjustments were?

I have the Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 with Corsair ver 4.32 and dont reach 3200Mhz... only 3000Mhz stable

thanks

My kits tRC value needed a bump up +4 (from XMP 54 to 58)

You can find my timings I used for my 3800x(Zen2 CPU) DDR4-3200 and DDR4-3600 in this post linked below.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=187175&page=2

Also Dram Calculator for Ryzen may help you by specifying memory type "Samsung OEM" for ver 4.32.

And https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide/

Edited by A Computer Guy