Corsair Community

H100i rgb pro xt problem

Danotti

I was using h80i v2 without any problem with the software and product but due to nature of my itx case ı was using it front push and pull and it was naturally blowing hot air in already small case and making high GPU temp scores.

I bought h100i rgb pro xt (so ı can put it at top blowing hot air out while fresh air coming in from both fans from front ,which was not the case as h80i was at the front before ) replacing my old h80i v2 and as I am experienced I followed the instructions which were nearly as same as h80i v2 with one diffrence that ı have to use an extra power cable (which ı did ) .

when I started the PC to see the moment of truth rgb lit up but fans didnt turn.windows opened I quickly checked temps and they were rising up over 90s steadily ,and my ıcue software didnt see the h100i

restarted ,the fans now started to turn ,rgb was lit on the pump but still temps were rising up and icue still didnt see h100i then pc shut down due e to high cpu temp which was like 99 celcius.

Frustrated me uninstalled eveything put my old h80i v2 back in place and all was working sound and safe again but a bit warm on the gpu side.

So what can be the reason to my h100i acting like that considering I installed it properly cable attachment wise.

Thanks in advance .

Edited by Danotti

The XT cooler gets its power from the SATA cable. The MB connection is just for the CPU fan boot protection and the USB is the pathway for communication between software and device. It should not selectively power up certain parts of the device, either RGB, fans, or pump action.

I would put in on the table and run the SATA back to the PSU without installing the cooler. You also can connect the USB 2 so you can see its behavior in CUE. In that state, it should be very easy to see/feel if the pump is running, fans spinning, RGB on. There are multiple possible reasons why the device might not show in CUE, but it should always work with or without the software. If the fans don't spin (both of them) or there is no detectable pump action, it needs to go back to the vendor.

It was connected through sata cable as the power connection was the only one diffrent (extra) then h80 i ı paid extra attention and plugged it to sata power directly from psu .no other device was plugged on that cable also .But I will try as you mentioned without installing it .Thanks for the heads up Edited by Danotti