Corsair Community

Can you layer profiles? ie So define profile X ontop of X?

NeilF

If I just want to say colour keys WASD on top of my standard keyboard lighting scheme, it seems daft to have to duplicate my entire profile to another one just for a single additional lighting effect.

ie: If I change my default one, I then have to manually update the second profile to keep it in sync.

Can you define profile X as being in addition (ontop of) to Y?

If I just want to say colour keys WASD on top of my standard keyboard lighting scheme, it seems daft to have to duplicate my entire profile to another one just for a single additional lighting effect.

ie: If I change my default one, I then have to manually update the second profile to keep it in sync.

Can you define profile X as being in addition (ontop of) to Y?

No, you cannot. Though I can see where this might be interesting.

It would probably take seconds to re-color the WASD keys. However, if there are other reasons for wanting two separate profiles, you still can do this. Create your master profile as you like. Use the copy profile button to make a duplicate. Add color to WASD and whatever other changes. Then, create a new Action and set-up a Profile switch command linked to whatever key you prefer. Add Profile 1 and Copy of Profile 1 (this can be renamed) to the list, excluding all others. Make sure "loop list" is ticked and then use the "Assign" button to copy that command to both profiles. You can now hit number pad * or whatever key you assign and toggle back and forth between the two. When you update the master profile, make a new copy and re-link the two profiles to switch command.

Archived