The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2020, 07:55 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066247
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 122

A few other mentioned no issues with this. I lied to my controller and told it I had 3 ML-Elite instead of ML-Pro. There are separate choices for Rainbow Wave and Rainbow Channel. Only the QL appear not to get Rainbow channel as a hardware lighting choice, likely because rainbow wave turns into rainbow channel in HW mode. However, I'll again repeat that the previews shown on the physical fans in the case when selecting a hardware lighting choice are not the actual effect you will see. That is the software version of the effect. The hardware version is often different as it is applied to fans with different LED counts. I have to think you are seeing the difference between "rainbow wave" as a software effect (doing circles per fan) and what it does in HW mode. I've referred this issue before as guaranteed to produce confusion, but it remains.

If you are curious about the mixed fan aspect, you can try disconnecting the LL from the Commander Core, then power up. Perhaps it will do the normal ML type rainbow wave that has a swirl or circular element to it.

Old 10-21-2020, 01:49 AM
steedsofwar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066259
steedsofwar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
A few other mentioned no issues with this. I lied to my controller and told it I had 3 ML-Elite instead of ML-Pro. There are separate choices for Rainbow Wave and Rainbow Channel. Only the QL appear not to get Rainbow channel as a hardware lighting choice, likely because rainbow wave turns into rainbow channel in HW mode. However, I'll again repeat that the previews shown on the physical fans in the case when selecting a hardware lighting choice are not the actual effect you will see. That is the software version of the effect. The hardware version is often different as it is applied to fans with different LED counts. I have to think you are seeing the difference between "rainbow wave" as a software effect (doing circles per fan) and what it does in HW mode. I've referred this issue before as guaranteed to produce confusion, but it remains.

If you are curious about the mixed fan aspect, you can try disconnecting the LL from the Commander Core, then power up. Perhaps it will do the normal ML type rainbow wave that has a swirl or circular element to it.
Thanks for all the support, mate. You're absolutely right that what the previews show are not what you actually get when closing iCue. It's a shame, since they fans can obviously show us the effect just fine, but can't remember them without iCue. I've resorted to a static white (my case and a few components are white) when I close iCue. The rainbow wave is really my chosen effect but fails on closing the app. Other effects do stick, but I'm not sold on them.

https://imgur.com/a/zQbRV2Z