The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Hydro X Custom Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2019, 07:23 PM
face445's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024375
face445 Reputation: 10
Default No water flowing throughout loop.

Hi! I set up my custom loop and filled it, but I might’ve left the fill port closed and did not allow air in. I tried to do a leak test but when I turn on the XD5, it just makes a sound and vibrates. I also have tried tilting the case, but no luck.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:18 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024383
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Make sure you are using the one and only outflow port on the XD5. This happens more often than you’d think. The other issue may be the Commander Pro default PWM speed. If it is a brand new C-Pro, the initial PWM speed is probably very low in a test run environment with no motherboard reported cpu temp. Pull the pump’s connector from the Commander Pro to make it run full blast. Be ready. The reservoir will empty very fast.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:16 AM
lukacsmw's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024389
lukacsmw Reputation: 10
Default Same here

I just tried my XD5 and it can’t push water out of the pump it seems. As a test, I rigged up a direct outlet to inlet test and it blasts through that - but my loop is a now go. I’ve got 2 water cooled GPUs (not Corsair blocks) and my cpu. I’m pushing through a thin 360 radiator and my case forces some tight corners. I’m replacing a cracked Enermax neochanger, which I put into the loop and pushes everything fine, even at low speeds. Tried tilting the case, no luck. Checked all ports and everything is connected right. Either it’s a weak pump or defective. Any ideas?
Old 11-19-2019, 03:55 AM
tiborrr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024390
tiborrr Reputation: 10

If you can hear the motor humming and vibrating it means the motor itself is working. My guess is that your motor is running dry, i.e. you have air pocket in the pump volute cavity and thus the pump isn't pushing any liquid (no flow).

You may want to try standard technique to get the pockets out - shake the whole case (or pump itself if you have soft tubing). Like said above, disconnect the PWM tacho cable from your Commander Pro and let it run on full speed if you haven't done so yet. Make sure you have installed the unit per included quick start guide.

A picture of the whole setup would be very helpful.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:02 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1024413
Corsair GregX Reputation: 10

Sounds like there is an air bubble which prevents the coolant to flow into the pump volute. Shake, tap to release the air bubble. Disconnect the PWM cable from any source so the pump will run at higher speed.

Also, as mentioned by fellow users, prior to that do check that the pump unit is installed according to quick start guide and the how to video:

Tags
pump issue, pump not working, water pump, xd5