The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2015, 02:37 PM

POST ID # = 754160
A Wizard Did It Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by magna.vis View Post
I think the new logo looks like a tramp stamp. Corsair did the right thing in offering some classic logos. It's cool when a company listens. Let us know how you like it when it comes in!
I think the fan reaction was hilariously overblown but I'm glad Corsair listened, it reflects well on them. I don't understand the hate but different strokes and all that. I saw people saying it looks like a crab and now I can't unsee it. Isn't that a positive though? Crabs (the crustacean kind, not the parasite kind) are great and match the water theme of the sails. Hmm maybe I should start a petition to get Corsair to turn the logo into an actual crab, haha.

Really I think the main thing that bothers me about the swords logo is that the silver and yellow are so bright. I've seen it on the mice where there isn't so much contrast and I think it looks good there. If they would've used gunmetal or a dark metallic red instead of silver I think it'd look even better than the sails logo. Maybe I can mod it?

More than anything I'm worried about the thing actually working right. I'm hoping the reports of bugginess are overblown and that it'll play well with my configuration. I won't know until I try it.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:49 PM
magna.vis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754164
magna.vis Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wizard Did It View Post
I think the fan reaction was hilariously overblown but I'm glad Corsair listened, it reflects well on them. I don't understand the hate but different strokes and all that. I saw people saying it looks like a crab and now I can't unsee it. Isn't that a positive though? Crabs (the crustacean kind, not the parasite kind) are great and match the water theme of the sails. Hmm maybe I should start a petition to get Corsair to turn the logo into an actual crab, haha.

Really I think the main thing that bothers me about the swords logo is that the silver and yellow are so bright. I've seen it on the mice where there isn't so much contrast and I think it looks good there. If they would've used gunmetal or a dark metallic red instead of silver I think it'd look even better than the sails logo. Maybe I can mod it?

More than anything I'm worried about the thing actually working right. I'm hoping the reports of bugginess are overblown and that it'll play well with my configuration. I won't know until I try it.
Yeah, I agree that it's overblown. The backlash seemed a bit extreme. The new logo wouldn't have stopped me from buying it, I just don't like it as much. I agree about the contrast, I even think if the new logo was a darker color to match more closely to the keyboard, and therefor be less noticeable (like the sails were), I wouldn't mind it at all. And, in fact, I wouldn't mind the (non-RGB) K70 with white instead of red LEDs as long as it had the Brown switches. I think it comes down to knowing I'm spending over $150. For that, my preferences matter a lot more. I'd be much more willing to sacrifice on one area or another if it wasn't such a steep investment. But, I spend more time on my computer than I do sleeping, and I spent way more on my matress than on my desk/keyboard/mouse/chair.

So, as it stands for me, I'll be getting the K70 RGB with or without sails, and if the logo really bothers me once I get it, I may try and do something about it. But, I don't expect it to bother me. I would just prefer to have the classic.

Another Amazon 3rd party seller has received their stock, so the price dropped a little there. That's encouraging, I feel like Amazon's own stock could hit at any minute.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:15 PM

POST ID # = 754172

Quote:
Yeah, I agree that it's overblown. The backlash seemed a bit extreme. The new logo wouldn't have stopped me from buying it, I just don't like it as much. I agree about the contrast, I even think if the new logo was a darker color to match more closely to the keyboard, and therefor be less noticeable (like the sails were), I wouldn't mind it at all. And, in fact, I wouldn't mind the (non-RGB) K70 with white instead of red LEDs as long as it had the Brown switches. I think it comes down to knowing I'm spending over $150. For that, my preferences matter a lot more. I'd be much more willing to sacrifice on one area or another if it wasn't such a steep investment. But, I spend more time on my computer than I do sleeping, and I spent way more on my matress than on my desk/keyboard/mouse/chair.

So, as it stands for me, I'll be getting the K70 RGB with or without sails, and if the logo really bothers me once I get it, I may try and do something about it. But, I don't expect it to bother me. I would just prefer to have the classic.

Another Amazon 3rd party seller has received their stock, so the price dropped a little there. That's encouraging, I feel like Amazon's own stock could hit at any minute.
I am all for getting rid of "g@m3r" branding in general as it's always pretty silly and patronizing but I think Corsair's version is relatively tasteful compared to what I've seen from everyone else. They mostly just changed the logo (which is a bit too "edgy" but otherwise isn't bad) and added some yellow accents. Otherwise their products look and work the same as their normal ones aside from the logo, at least from what I've seen. I can kind of understand doing this because their normal branding is quite dry and unexciting and probably is poor at attracting the attention of people who aren't already Corsair fans. I think they are doing the right thing in offering both versions to please existing fans who DO like the dry branding and bring in new folks in the gaming market who otherwise would maybe not have noticed Corsair.

As for Amazon, I've noticed price and stock fluctuating a lot the past few days. I don't know what that means but everything is still way over MSRP so I am not excited. Since BB just got some new stock in (and possibly Newegg but I didn't get a chance to see) maybe Amazon is getting some in too. It's under the swords logo model number though so sails fans are still stuck waiting.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:18 PM

POST ID # = 754174

Uh oh, looks like Best Buy is out of stock already on the K70 RGB Browns. I hope some people from the forums managed to snag one.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 PM
magna.vis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754179

Quote:
Uh oh, looks like Best Buy is out of stock already on the K70 RGB Browns. I hope some people from the forums managed to snag one.
Haha! Those went fast! I'm watching Amazon and NewEgg pretty close. Did you grab one from BB while they were up?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:44 PM

POST ID # = 754183

Quote:
Haha! Those went fast! I'm watching Amazon and NewEgg pretty close. Did you grab one from BB while they were up?
Yep I did. Soon I shall be in the RGB club. I'd prefer buying from Amazon or Newegg but it doesn't matter that much to me.

Really I'm kind of glad that tech nerds snub BB, they end up having stock of popular stuff longer than everyone else. It's saved me a few times when I forgot to preorder stuff.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:16 PM
magna.vis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754188

Quote:
Yep I did. Soon I shall be in the RGB club. I'd prefer buying from Amazon or Newegg but it doesn't matter that much to me.

Really I'm kind of glad that tech nerds snub BB, they end up having stock of popular stuff longer than everyone else. It's saved me a few times when I forgot to preorder stuff.
Good for you man. It's the tax that gets me for places like BB. I know most people think it's trivial, but the WAF goes down exponentially over a certain amount, in this case $150, so at the $170 I'm looking at paying, an extra $11 tax to get it to me is too much. I also get a % back from Amazon purchases, so that helps the WAF to go back up a little.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:54 PM

POST ID # = 754197

Quote:
Good for you man. It's the tax that gets me for places like BB. I know most people think it's trivial, but the WAF goes down exponentially over a certain amount, in this case $150, so at the $170 I'm looking at paying, an extra $11 tax to get it to me is too much. I also get a % back from Amazon purchases, so that helps the WAF to go back up a little.
Ack, I'm in a state that doesn't have sales tax so I keep forgetting that other people have to deal with it.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:14 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 754201
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Someone passed this along to me and I found it to be a great tool for those awaiting stock from the major e-tailers: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/keyboards/corsair/

Old 01-16-2015, 05:41 PM
magna.vis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Someone passed this along to me and I found it to be a great tool for those awaiting stock from the major e-tailers: http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/keyboards/corsair/
Super cool. I have a few alerts set already, but I added this one as well. Can't hurt to have extras!

Old 01-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 754273
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:

That should sum it up.

Go forth and ask for them to add the Vengeance models! http://www.nowinstock.net/contact_form.php

Old 01-17-2015, 06:28 AM

POST ID # = 754359
louiebh Reputation: 10

i have been waiting for the mx blue k95 rgb since last year march i preordered from scan in september when the reds were finally released and the brown and blues were promised to be released the week of september 15th ive since been told every month since that corsair keep pushing back the date of this product and as of yesterday my preorder from scan was cancelled stating the product was discontinued.

Is there anywhere i can get a blue switch rgb this has been causing me alot of frustration over the last few months scouring websites everywhere to find "not instock" or "backorder only"

Old 01-17-2015, 06:32 AM

POST ID # = 754360
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

The Cherry MX Blue RGB switch variant has been discontinued.

Quote:
Sadly, MX Blue RGB has been discontinued.
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...78&postcount=4

Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 PM

POST ID # = 754462
Super Sic Reputation: 10

Any word on any US vendor carrying the Vengeance M65 RGB? I noticed only UK seem to have them. Only reason I haven't bought a matching Vengeance K70 RGB.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Kylis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754843
Kylis Reputation: 10

How odd, it looks like the K70 RGB with browns was available on the corsair site for a very limited time today. Like i refreshed the page, saw it was available, called someone, refreshed again and suddenly wasn't.