The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 02:12 PM

POST ID # = 738423
Mikuru Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorialism View Post
I just called Overclockers in the faint hope there'd been any sort of movement regarding the blue switch K95. A direct quote:

"Corsair still haven't given us an ETA for these. I know these are very popular, but they come direct from Corsair so when they give us an update we'll update the website immediately."

Corsair James 17 days ago:

15 days ago:

Complete silence since.

I almost feel like i should be cancel my order (it's not a pre-order as there wasn't and still hasn't been any indication that blue switches would have a later release date to reds or browns in the UK) on principle alone. This is like a master class in how not to do things.
I spoke to an OCUK operator over the telephone sat morning and he told me after speaking to his colleague they should arrive within a week. He was really nice and trying his best to be helpful, but I would be STUNNED if they turned up this side of Xmas!!

I should cancel my order on principle as I paid for mine months ago..

Old 10-29-2014, 04:17 AM

POST ID # = 738587
Alchemius Reputation: 10

Kinda giving up on the whole thing here... I was pleasantly surprised to see the K70 with the old sails logo being listed on UK shops (they even listed it as "the old sails logo" lol), and since Corsair hasn't answered a single one of my or other's questions (yet they immediately jump if someone expresses negativity) about the international layout, the British one would be the closest thing. But both it and the German one (touching swords logo) are everywhere I check in preorder status, unless I am missing something. (Caseking in Germany lists it as unknown).

Newegg could be a choice, yet they only ship to the UK in Europe.

To the Greek poster here, do you maybe know if the previous Corsair models in Greece were sold with the big enter key (international layout), or with the small one (US layout)?

Old 10-29-2014, 12:19 PM
AaronL98's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738652
AaronL98 Reputation: 10

I've switched my order from scan to brown switches, considering they've told me they haven't received a date from Corsair.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:18 PM

POST ID # = 738704
Vuhadzu Reputation: 10

There may have been a breakthrough.

A couple of days ago i was buying a few things from Amazon UK. Seeing as they have the K95 RGB blue switch listed (direct from Amazon, not a third party) i thought i might as well order it from them, despite already placing an order with Scan back in September (Amazon have only listed it recently). The keyboard itself is the same price as Scan, but i have an Amazon Prime subscription so i'll save £5 on getting next day delivery. Also, i figured as Amazon state 1-3 weeks and Scan 17th November, i won't get it any earlier from Scan anyway.

Then this email came through at 3.30am:

Quote:
We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"Corsair Gaming CH-9000062-UK CGK95 RGB MX Cherry Blue Performance Multi-Colour LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard UK - Black"
Previous estimated arrival date: November 10 2014 - November 17 2014
New estimated arrival date: October 30 2014 - October 31 2014
Then at 1pm:

Quote:
Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Corsair Gaming..." has been dispatched

Your estimated delivery date is:
Thursday, October 30, 2014
What's particularly odd about this is Amazon are still listing it as "Usually dispatched within 1 - 3 weeks": http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Another odd thing: they seem to have the manufacturing codes between brown and blue transposed. So blue is listed as ...62-UK and brown is 61-UK. So it wouldn't surprise me if they've sent me the brown version (before ordering i called to confirm if i did so that i'd receive the correct keyboard; the very helpful advisor checked with the fulfilment centre who said they were listed correctly, but he'd double check with the manufacturer and email me on Friday). But this would also be strange as they list the brown switch version as 1-3 weeks too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Anyway, i'll report back tomorrow, hopefully with great news!

Old 10-29-2014, 04:05 PM

POST ID # = 738716

Quote:
There may have been a breakthrough.

A couple of days ago i was buying a few things from Amazon UK. Seeing as they have the K95 RGB blue switch listed (direct from Amazon, not a third party) i thought i might as well order it from them, despite already placing an order with Scan back in September (Amazon have only listed it recently). The keyboard itself is the same price as Scan, but i have an Amazon Prime subscription so i'll save £5 on getting next day delivery. Also, i figured as Amazon state 1-3 weeks and Scan 17th November, i won't get it any earlier from Scan anyway.

Then this email came through at 3.30am:

Then at 1pm:

What's particularly odd about this is Amazon are still listing it as "Usually dispatched within 1 - 3 weeks": http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Another odd thing: they seem to have the manufacturing codes between brown and blue transposed. So blue is listed as ...62-UK and brown is 61-UK. So it wouldn't surprise me if they've sent me the brown version (before ordering i called to confirm if i did so that i'd receive the correct keyboard; the very helpful advisor checked with the fulfilment centre who said they were listed correctly, but he'd double check with the manufacturer and email me on Friday). But this would also be strange as they list the brown switch version as 1-3 weeks too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new

Anyway, i'll report back tomorrow, hopefully with great news!
Thanks for the helpful update bro, please let me know how you get on Ive still got my K70 RGB Blue order in with OCUK, but if I dont hear anything by the end of this week I may just settle for the browns :(

Old 10-30-2014, 12:06 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 738811
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Hi all,

Most distributors will continue to see more allocation of RGB keyboards. However, replenishment has been difficult as they are selling faster than we can make them. Most of the keyboards hitting your local retailers will be of either Cherry MX RGB Red/Brown flavors as we do not have any MX Blue RGB in stock at the moment.

We're doing our best to communicate through our channel on the availability of keyboards for accurate ETA(s). We recommend that if you have any questions regarding when you will see a keyboard in stock, please check with them for the latest news since there are elements that will be out of our control (time it takes for distributors to allocate to retailers, for example).

As a reference, I am also including below all of our currently active SKU's in regards to Corsair Gaming keyboards. Some of you may notice that certain regions will not have a particular version of the keyboard. Unfortunately, this is due to a switch shortage and as supply ramps up, we will continue to add more SKU(s) later in the future:

CGK65-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB
CGK65-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000072-JP
CGK65-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000072-NA

CGK70-Black-MX Blue-Red
CGK70-Black-MX Blue-Red CH-9000076-NA
CGK70-Black-MX Blue-Red CH-9000076-UK

CGK70-Black-MX Red-Blue
CGK70-Black-MX Red-Blue CH-9000085-NA

CGK70-Black-MX Red-Red
CGK70-Black-MX Red-Red CH-9000069-DE
CGK70-Black-MX Red-Red CH-9000069-NA
CGK70-Black-MX Red-Red CH-9000069-ND
CGK70-Black-MX Red-Red CH-9000069-UK

CGK70-Black-MXRGB Blue-RGB
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Blue-RGB CH-9000064-CN
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Blue-RGB CH-9000064-NA

CGK70-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000065-CN
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000065-DE
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000065-NA
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000065-ND
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000065-UK

CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-CH
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-CN
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-DE
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-ES
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-EU
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-FR
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-JP
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-NA
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-ND
CGK70-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000068-UK

CGK95-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000062-CN
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000062-NA
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Brown-RGB CH-9000062-UK

CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-CN
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-DE
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-FR
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-JP
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-KR
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-NA
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-ND
CGK95-Black-MXRGB Red-RGB CH-9000082-UK

CGM K70 Black
CGM K70 Black CH-9000068-TW

Anyone who has any questions, feel free to PM me anytime.

Last edited by Corsair James; 10-30-2014 at 12:08 AM.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:23 AM

POST ID # = 738884
alekasas Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemius View Post
Kinda giving up on the whole thing here... I was pleasantly surprised to see the K70 with the old sails logo being listed on UK shops (they even listed it as "the old sails logo" lol), and since Corsair hasn't answered a single one of my or other's questions (yet they immediately jump if someone expresses negativity) about the international layout, the British one would be the closest thing. But both it and the German one (touching swords logo) are everywhere I check in preorder status, unless I am missing something. (Caseking in Germany lists it as unknown).

Newegg could be a choice, yet they only ship to the UK in Europe.

To the Greek poster here, do you maybe know if the previous Corsair models in Greece were sold with the big enter key (international layout), or with the small one (US layout)?
Hi,i will tell for the Corsair K70 not the RGB. The k70 is usually the US layout (small enter). But some e-shops have the UK layout (big enter key). It depents in switche type too. I found in Greece the K70 Red Switch with UK layout. But after some days the same store brought the K70 Blue Switch with US layout.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:22 AM

POST ID # = 738932

So yeah, as expected Amazon UK sent me the brown switch version. I'm just going to keep it though - i was split between whether to get brown or blue after trying a sampler anyway, and as Corsair James has finally confirmed; blue switches do not even exist in Europe yet.

I've contacted Amazon and told them, again, that they have the manufacturing codes incorrect. The advisor said he'll get the listing pulled until it's corrected.
I'd already contacted them about their error over live chat, phone and submitted the correct info via the "update product info" form. Apparently it takes a customer to physically receive the wrong item before they finally realise their error and do anything about it.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:52 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 738953
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekasas View Post
Hi,i will tell for the Corsair K70 not the RGB. The k70 is usually the US layout (small enter). But some e-shops have the UK layout (big enter key). It depents in switche type too. I found in Greece the K70 Red Switch with UK layout. But after some days the same store brought the K70 Blue Switch with US layout.
All of our layouts are standardized so the size of certain keys, the characters printed on the keycaps, etc. are all respective to what region it is for.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:12 PM

POST ID # = 738966

Quote:
So yeah, as expected Amazon UK sent me the brown switch version. I'm just going to keep it though - i was split between whether to get brown or blue after trying a sampler anyway, and as Corsair James has finally confirmed; blue switches do not even exist in Europe yet.

I've contacted Amazon and told them, again, that they have the manufacturing codes incorrect. The advisor said he'll get the listing pulled until it's corrected.
I'd already contacted them about their error over live chat, phone and submitted the correct info via the "update product info" form. Apparently it takes a customer to physically receive the wrong item before they finally realise their error and do anything about it.
I too cancled my ordered for the blues this morning, and bought a brown switch K70 RGB, should be with me tommorow morning. I really cant be doing with all the hastle anymore, especially since the browns will be pretty nice lets face it.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:58 PM

POST ID # = 738974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikuru View Post
I too cancled my ordered for the blues this morning, and bought a brown switch K70 RGB, should be with me tommorow morning. I really cant be doing with all the hastle anymore, especially since the browns will be pretty nice lets face it.
Yeah, i'm using it now. It's great. In hindsight i feel like i shouldn't have bothered waiting. If Corsair had indicated it would take so long for blues in Europe, i would have been enjoying these browns a month ago. Never mind.

Last edited by Vuhadzu; 10-30-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:53 PM

POST ID # = 738984

Quote:
Yeah, i'm using it now. It's great. In hindsight i feel like i shouldn't have bothered waiting. If Corsair had indicated it would take so long for blues in Europe, i would have been enjoying these browns a month ago. Never mind.
Yes I am still irritated at the lack of transparency regarding the availability, or rather lack of availability on the blues but what can you do. Im convinced its had something to do with all those mushy key reports seen in earlier threads.

Anyway onwards and upwards, I hope you continue to enjoy your new keyboard!

Old 11-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Hero98's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739805
Hero98 Reputation: 10

Been waiting for CGK95 RGB Brown (Nordic Version) for ages now, when will it hit stores in Sweden???
Anyone used the Brown version of K95 RGB yet?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:38 AM

POST ID # = 740490
azef Reputation: 10

I need k95 rgb BROWN (Nordic version)....... seems like all the nordic resellers was supposed to get the product on 1 november.. However they all updated expected delivery date to unknown now..

Have corsair decided not produce anymore of these?

Should i just forget about waiting for this keyboard? :/

Old 11-07-2014, 04:27 PM

POST ID # = 740590

Scan.co.uk have updated the ETA on the blues to...............15th December! So that'll be a whole 3 months after the supposed release date.

I'm so glad i decided to stick with the browns.