The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-2014, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 730684
laz79 Reputation: 10

Im sorry Corsair. You need to go back and think about this again. Simply changing US K70 Red is not going to cut it.

I'm in the UK and I will only buy If it is the old logo and I want a K95.

I wont be seen dead with that logo on my kit.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:10 PM

POST ID # = 730691
t0byman Reputation: 10

When you search for "corsair tramp stamp" on Google Images you'll get this image.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs45/i/20..._TheHarley.jpg (can't embed because moderator thinks the pic is sexist and abusive, he's right)

This new logo is nothing but a tramp stamp. Gone is the classy sails logo on the M65 RGB, which I was saving up for! Guess I'm gonna have to buy a mouse from a different brand because this is one of the ugliest logos I've ever seen + I don't want anyone to see me using peripherals with a tramp stamp on it.

Last edited by t0byman; 09-26-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Pic is a bit sexist and abusive. Keep it clean plz.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:31 PM

POST ID # = 730698
armstreet10 Reputation: 5
Default Really listening?

If they really were listening they would understand their new logo is a terrible design artistically and a terrible move business wise. Revert back to the original logo. Fire the designer and person who implemented the terrible logo. Problem solved.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:31 PM
CrustyOldFart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730699
CrustyOldFart Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneath View Post
When you search for "corsair tramp stamp" on Google Images you'll get this image.

This new logo is nothing but a tramp stamp. Gone is the classy sails logo on the M65 RGB, which I was saving up for! Guess I'm gonna have to buy a mouse from a different brand because this is one of the ugliest logos I've ever seen + I don't want anyone to see me using peripherals with a tramp stamp on it.
You can always get the older Vengeance M65 with the sails, while supplies last that is.

Last edited by Yellowbeard; 09-26-2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: PIC is a bit sexist and abusive. Keep it clean plz.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:39 PM

POST ID # = 730703
t0byman Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyOldFart View Post
You can always get the older Vengeance M65 with the sails, while supplies last that is.
I can't because the regular M65 still has the sniper button design flaw which was placed too far from the thumb.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:49 PM
CrustyOldFart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730708

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneath View Post
I can't because the regular M65 still has the sniper button design flaw which was placed too far from the thumb.
Oh, I wasn't aware of that problem. So I take it that is something they fixed with the new one? Is it a problem mainly for those with small hands or was it a problem most people were complaining about? I'll have to check the forums on that. I have reasonably large hands so if that was the problem the older one could still be an option for me...or... rethinking how I could mod the new mouse so I wouldn't have see that "gamer" brand and logo...or...start over shopping around for a new mouse

I'd rather stay with Corsair, but if this is where they're digging in their heels, I might have to also...

Old 09-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Getting Older Guy
007vsMagua's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730718
007vsMagua Reputation: 20

I too feel kind of sorry for Corsair and their GAMING logo mistake. I still believe that Corsair is a great company trying hard to make great products and I will continue to use Corsair products, but this recent FUBAR decision to change logos seems to have cost them a decent amount of sales already.

Maybe the boss should come into the office this weekend instead of going out on his sailboat, and try to start fixing this situation. I know that gaming peripherals are just a small part of Corsair's portfolio, but it might be worth thinking about many of us who are not happy with the decision to add such an unwanted feature to Corsair's otherwise amazing keyboard.

I don't think anyone should be fired over this mistake, but what they probably need is some leadership with vision. Cutting your losses now might be the right thing to do in the long run.

Good Luck _D

Old 09-26-2014, 06:15 PM
CrustyOldFart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730719

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyOldFart View Post
Got it, Yellowbeard, agree with your edit comment, but you did not delete the original posting with that pic...EDIT...you got it removed now...

Maybe you intended to delete the other link to the Bing image? I will do that for you if its still there. Nonetheless, it is disappointing to see these images now being associated with the brand, and I was mainly posting for your benefit...if you collectively are still considering this internally

BTW, are you still considering? Your official statement ended with let's keep talking, so intentional or not, it kinda leaves a glimmer of hope for those of us that are holding out in the hopes that more change may still be considered.

Last edited by CrustyOldFart; 09-26-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:19 PM

POST ID # = 730722
mrcloudylion Reputation: 10

I refuse to buy a Corsair K70 RGB unless i see it in Brown switches with old logo and in UK layout.
Sure, may sound petty of me but I know what i like and what I don't like.
It would just frustrate me see it the new logo and I shouldn't have to mod the new logo, as when first release in Cherry MX Reds, old logo was still in place. Further more, if i was to mod the new logo, i would risk voiding my warranty.

Corsair, your new announcement does nothing to those who are base outside of USA who wished to have different colour switches, different key layout with old logo.

I predict right now other competitors are doing their own version of RGB keyboard and if this doesn't get resolved by then, they will have a buyer from me.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:12 PM

POST ID # = 730739
Alchemius Reputation: 10

Hi to everybody here. It usually is a very daring move for a company to replace an already established logo with a new one, unless the newer one make up with its originality. The way I see it is that, the problem here lies with the (for many) amateurish attempt at a symmetrical gaming logo that started out as two cutlasses (I guess?) and ended up as the "tramp stamp". I suppose that if another option was approached, one that matched the sophistication of the product, even coupled with the "GAMING" moniker, it might become more acceptable in the future. Personally, what really bothers me with this update is not so much the (admittedly tribalistic) design, but the fact that:

the older logo was etched onto the body, and essentially integrated into the aluminium, as is the case with almost every other Corsair product, whereas the newer update is simply a cheap sticker, stuck in a hole, from which the older logo of the old line was cut off. It kinda feels like buying a Ferrari, and the horse is simply glued as ... well, a sticker.

Now, people would and probably will (?) come to accept it, but having already seen how it could have been (all the prereleases, the previews etc.) makes things more difficult. Kinda like seeing the preview model (and all the predecessors) with the dedicated media keys, and finding out that in the final product the keys were integrated in the function key row... It would still work, it would be a new direction for the company, but it would cheat the customer community from every expectation. Let's not forget that this is a product that started with the k80 and was improved with customer feedback. All in all, this change simply makes the whole product feel cheap in contrast to the prerelease model. Despite the new policy, I think it is very kind that the older model is being offered, but I have a few questions on the matter:

1: Is it being offered as being produced again, or just as left over items that were not yet replaced?
2: Is it exclusively limited to North America, or can an order be placed internationally (e.g. Europe)? AFAIK Newegg only ships to the Netherlands and the UK, and It cannot be purchased from the Corsair website (not to Europe anyway)...

Old 09-26-2014, 07:15 PM

POST ID # = 730741
Revengencer Alf Reputation: 11

Hmm... no response whatsoever (as far as I can tell) to the people with the very legitimate concern about the enthusiast switches. "Gamer" switches can come without the crappy trampstamp and gamer branding, but the enthusiast switches can't, even though it's a simple matter of doing a production run with blue and brown switches, and selling them, even at a small premium, on your site? Would have at least expected an acknowledgement of this given the amount of concerns raised. I didn't think it would happen so fast but I'm already starting to lose faith in my conclusion that they were serious about making good.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Let’s keep talking!
I find this to be ironic since a day has gone by since this, and the one thing not happening is any "talking." No extended dialogue, no discussion or mention of further plans. No acknowledgement of the concerns about MX Blues, MX Browns, or K95s... Not even a "we're still looking at that." Nothing. If you use a phrase like that, you should be committed to actually keep talking, not just saying it and going silent so we'll accept it as an olive branch and calm down.

Last edited by Revengencer Alf; 09-26-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:02 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730755
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revengencer Alf View Post
I didn't think it would happen so fast but I'm already starting to lose faith in my conclusion that they were serious about making good.
Please,give them a little more time to implement a change,its only been like a day...

Old 09-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Dims's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730757
Dims Reputation: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revengencer Alf View Post
Hmm... no response whatsoever (as far as I can tell) to the people with the very legitimate concern about the enthusiast switches. "Gamer" switches can come without the crappy trampstamp and gamer branding, but the enthusiast switches can't, even though it's a simple matter of doing a production run with blue and brown switches, and selling them, even at a small premium, on your site? Would have at least expected an acknowledgement of this given the amount of concerns raised. I didn't think it would happen so fast but I'm already starting to lose faith in my conclusion that they were serious about making good.

EDIT:

I find this to be ironic since a day has gone by since this, and the one thing not happening is any "talking." No extended dialogue, no discussion or mention of further plans. No acknowledgement of the concerns about MX Blues, MX Browns, or K95s... Not even a "we're still looking at that." Nothing. If you use a phrase like that, you should be committed to actually keep talking, not just saying it and going silent so we'll accept it as an olive branch and calm down.
It's been a day and no one word from Corsair to reply to any of our questions.

Why just K70 RGB with Red switches and not browns or blues.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:13 PM

POST ID # = 730760
Revengencer Alf Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Please,give them a little more time to implement a change,its only been like a day...
I'm not even looking them to implement a change yet. I tried to be very equitable about that in my response last night, and I think I even mentioned that in some other posts (not saying I expected you to go read them all, just making the point that I'm trying to be fair).

What I'm looking for is "we recognize that you still have this concern, we understand it, and we're looking at it / talking about it internally." So far, they have not even acknowledged it. That's the part that specifically bothers me. In all likelihood, this means we'll go the weekend before getting even that acknowledgement at this point, which continues to be rather concerning. They said specifically "let's talk" and it's the one thing that since the post hasn't happened at all.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 730766
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Hey guys, it's late on Friday and even pirates have to sleep. We'll be back, hard at work next week. Everyone please have a great weekend.

Closed Thread