The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-2014, 11:57 AM

POST ID # = 730611
crazyg0od33 Reputation: 10

I'm not sacrificing my brown switches, but my K70 RGB just came in yesterday, and while I don't HATE the logo, I wouldn't mind as replacement sticker to put in place of this one that has the old logo on it.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:15 PM
CrustyOldFart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730615
CrustyOldFart Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr View Post
Linus Tech Tips

Fix Your "Corsair Gaming" Logo - Super Legit Modding Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNo2sVeOamw
Please tell me where I can get that badge with the old logo Linus put on the rgb keyboard.

That would solve it for me and I guess I could live with new logo on the mouse only.

Please Corsair, please.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:21 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730618
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr View Post
Linus Tech Tips

Fix Your "Corsair Gaming" Logo - Super Legit Modding Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNo2sVeOamw
the shirt he is wearing sums it all up in a nutshell...

Old 09-26-2014, 12:32 PM
AaronL98's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730622
AaronL98 Reputation: 10

I've pre-ordered the k70 RGB with the blue switches from scan.co.uk, and it's due around the 9th of October. I'm indecisive if I should cancel the pre-order, I really like the sails logo but I'm not sure if Corsair plan to release a UK layout with blue switches, I would love some clarification before the batch is delivered to scan. Anyone else in this predicament?

Old 09-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Sinomatic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730627
Sinomatic Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronL98 View Post
I've pre-ordered the k70 RGB with the blue switches from scan.co.uk, and it's due around the 9th of October. I'm indecisive if I should cancel the pre-order, I really like the sails logo but I'm not sure if Corsair plan to release a UK layout with blue switches, I would love some clarification before the batch is delivered to scan. Anyone else in this predicament?
I've held off pre-ordering a UK blue switch version as I'd like to know myself. I'd be massively irritated if I spent £140 on a keyboard with a logo I really didn't like only to find out that there's some sort of fix 3 months down the line.....so I'm simply not getting one. The sad thing is that I can't really wait any longer for a new keyboard - I've been hanging on using a terrible one for months waiting for the RGB as it is - so unless Corsair can announce soon that there's something in the works (something beyond 'we're listening and we'll see after a couple of months if we can do something'), then they've likely lost a sale.

I thought that Linus video was interesting - being able to see exactly how the logo can come off and how it looks underneath. I really didn't want to have to try and mod a £140 keyboard, but...if there was a way to remove the awful logo that was guaranteed not to damage the finish, and the old logo was freely offered, I'd be interested. I also think that could be an excellent opportunity for someone (maybe even corsair themselves?) to sell something like 3d printed custom logo replacements - the perfect finish for a keyboard sold on it's ability to be totally customisable? And perhaps a positive outcome from this whole nonsense?

Old 09-26-2014, 12:50 PM
ocir's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730628
ocir Reputation: 10
Default logo

just used the new logo for product line. and then use the old logo on the products itself I would be cool with that and I think others would too

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:12 PM
CrustyOldFart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730633

I think Linus said he got his alternate badge from a 780t? Don't see any case accessories for that one unless I'm looking in the wrong spot, but looks like some other case front panels have original logo badges on them. If they are the same size they could be harvested from these. Only, $20 is a lot to spend on a front panel when all you want is the logo badge lol. Corsair should offer the badges for a nominal cost, I mean like a buck or two at most. It's an easy fix.

For me, if I could get the keyboard I'd really like with a badge like this, I don't care what kind of box it comes in, CG or whatever, I'd be happy and could put this whole thing behind me, and Corsair could too. If the keyboard were right. I could compromise and accept the new logo on the mouse. Though I might mod it remove the yellow "gaming" if I could without damaging the surface of the mouse.

Corsair, are you still listening?

Thanks,
One of your many loyal customers

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cases/c...es=Graphite%7C

Old 09-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Lady Fitzgerald's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730647
Lady Fitzgerald Reputation: 40

To any of you who have a keyboard with the new logo... What are dimensions of the sticker?

Backup, backup, backup! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Old 09-26-2014, 02:11 PM
CrustyOldFart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730649

Badge on front filter cover on my 650D case looks like may work. Need to confirm dimensions but if any existing badges fit it's a no brainer for Corsair. No new production line needed.

Last edited by CrustyOldFart; 09-26-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Lady Fitzgerald's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730656
Lady Fitzgerald Reputation: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyOldFart View Post
Badge on from filter cover on my 650D case looks like may work. Need to confirm dimensions but if any existing badges fit it's a no brainer for Corsair. No new production line needed.
That's what I was thinking, hence my inquiry about the dimensions.

Backup, backup, backup! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM

POST ID # = 730658
simple_sam Reputation: 20

Been following this thread, as well as the previous since they started. Made an account just to chime in.

First, I'd like to say thank you to Yellowbeard for sticking with us. Anyone who has ever worked customer service knows that we often direct our frustrations towards the closest target, even if they're the one who is trying to help us.

So thanks for putting up with us :)

Back on topic:

I've been wanting a K95 for work for ages. Those programmable macro keys would be great for productivity. The only reason I've held off is that I wanted Blue switches for typing. When I saw the K95 RGB would be available with Blues I was ecstatic... until I saw the new "Gaming" logo.

Now, my problem isn't with the crossed blades, although I do prefer the sails. My problem is that I don't necessarily want "Gaming" plastered on my workstation, especially in such an eye-grabbing colour (I've had a hard enough time explaining my high DPI mouse and it doesn't even say "Gaming" on it).

I understand the challenge of creating and managing new SKUs just for a different logo, so I'd like to add my vote (not that this is necessarily a democracy) to the "purchasable replacement badge" option. I think $5-$10 for a "classic" badge would be acceptable to most customers, and would save Corsair from having to reprint boxes and/or split the assembly force. The mice are a different story, but if the non-RGB versions are going to stick around then they should be acceptable for those of us who don't need the bling anyway.

(As a side note, I think it would make more sense to offer the Blues and Browns with the old badge, as those are less gaming oriented switches. The people looking for a gaming keyboard are most likely looking for Reds, and the people looking for a professional keyboard are most likely looking for Blues or Browns)

Again, thanks for being here and thanks for listening. Corsair's willingness thus far to listen to customers on this issue has reinforced my trust in the brand. My wallet probably isn't super happy about it, though.

tl;dr: Thanks for listening. I want Blues for work, but I don't want "Gaming" for work. Purchasable replacement badges make sense to me. Blues and Browns with the old badge makes more sense than Reds. I like Corsair.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:25 PM
CrustyOldFart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730660

I just cancelled my order for M65rgb from Amazon. I got a message saying Shipping soon: cancellation isn't guaranteed, so we'll see. It was supposed to be here 2-day shipping on Tuesday next week. If the cancellation goes through and I get refunded by Amazon, I'll be ordering the regular non-rgb Vengeance M65 with the regular (non-glowing) logo. If not I may still return and order the older version of the mouse. I just decided I really don't want that "Gaming" in bright yellow on my desk. I would have considered keeping it in compromise with a real solution from Corsair on the keyboards, but none so far for me.

I know it's only been 5 days since release, but a badge replacement is an easy solution they could have at least said they are considering. Who knows, maybe they have other ideas being kicked around, but the "official response" from Corsair yesterday just wasn't an acceptable solution for me. I really want the brown switches, not the reds.

For now I'm keeping my order for K70 rgb browns which is supposed to ship by mid-October, but if a solution for badge replacement to original logo or other option isn't announced by then, I may be cancelling that one too and going for an alternative brand. Really, all I need to keep it would be a badge replacement and I'll do the swap out myself.

So sad because I love Corsair and have many of their components, but for what are the most visible components you offer, the mouse and keyboard that are on peoples desktops 24-7, this just isn't acceptable to me.

Edited to fix couple of typos

Last edited by CrustyOldFart; 09-26-2014 at 03:30 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Flyprdu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730662
Flyprdu Reputation: 10

Are we going to see any other responses from Corsair on this issue?

What about Linus' idea for a badge replacement? It's brilliantly simple.

The moment you announce a badge replacement, I will place my order that second.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:49 PM
Welsige's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730668
Welsige Reputation: 10

I wish you guys would package and also sell separately replacement logos.

That would make everyone happy, its a cheap solution and would empower your customers. and also save the job of the graphical designer of the new hideous logo.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:27 PM
tflor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730675
tflor Reputation: 10
Default Bring back old Corsair logo for ALL products, ALSO in Europe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Our customers spoke, we listened.
Hi Yellowbeard.

It's great to see that you guys at Corsair listen to your customers, however in your original post you mentioned that old logo will be restored; but only for certain products and you only mentioned US. I for instance live in the UK, also signed the petition to bring old logo back, and in my opinion (and not only mine) I think that customers all around the world should be able to enjoy Corsair products with old logo. I for instance have a multitude of Corsair products, including K65, K70(RED), two M65 mice, MM400 mousepad, two 700 D's, H100i, H110, AX1200i, loads of fans; all of them with an old logo. Personally I would not buy ANY of your products with a new logo on, because it looks cheap and plain ugly. Please, please, please, make your products with old logo available across Europe too, otherwise you will lose many loyal customers!

Closed Thread