The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Pondering's PC Specs

POST ID # = 614615
Pondering Reputation: 10

The key sticking issue is getting pretty rough, it happens once every other day on average. Today I had the Delete key stuck while browsing files on my storage drive - not a good time to be rapidly hitting Delete.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Despair's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615197
Despair Reputation: 10

It has gotten very consistent lately for me as well on my K90 which I've had for a year with no fix. I'm pretty much done with this keyboard as it is not reliable for gaming. I'll be selling it on Amazon and looking into other mechanical keyboards. Perhaps a Ducky Shine. Very unfortunate.. I won't have as much faith in Corsair products in the future.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Siamak8286's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615404
Siamak8286 Reputation: 10

Yea after several issues with my K90 and M60, and worst part is Corsair either ignore me or want me to RMA it, which I already replaced the damn thing few times, and it seems they dont even have a real solution to this, same with my M60 mice, the red sniper button fading and not just the sniper sign but the actual red color on it is fading and I replaced it 4-5 times and same thing happens within 2-3 weeks of use, I just feel corsair don't have the same quality as they had before and it times to move on and look elsewhere.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Do it Right...
Jaquith's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615458
Jaquith Reputation: 10

Update - my K90 has if anything has gotten worst than before with random keys sticking 'iiiiiiiiiiiiiii...iii' and about a couple times a day after a 'spawn' all mechanical keys quit working all together -- often pressing the (ESC) fixes it. My M60 is also a problem about 2-3 a week it's 'dead' in that the left-click won't wake the PC and the cure is to unplug/plug-in the M60. BTW - one of my friends has the K60 = same issues which leads me to believe it's either the keyboard firmware/design flaw or firmware.

The fun is in guessing which key is going to foul-up next!

Originally I assumed this to be a software issue, but I can't imagine 'sticking' keys being anything but hardware or maybe firmware. I assume the M60's issue is a driver problem by failing at hybrid sleep.

I just ordered the Corsair Vengeance 1500 --- what 'fun' am I in for??!!

To avoid an RMA I came here in the hopes of finding a magical unicorn driver/firmware to help ease my growing frustration. I've had everything from some OEM garbage KB/M to a $160 Bluetooth never act this way....help!

Last edited by Jaquith; 11-25-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:18 PM

POST ID # = 619024
raimoa Reputation: 10

I have a similar issue. When I'm editing text, it tends to happen more often than while, for example, gaming. All of this started when the K90 wouldn't work after my pc was boot up. I had to re-plug the USBs in for it to work. The past few months the backlighting has gone really dim. It's no where near to what it should be. I've googled every thread about this and just can't find a solution. Sometimes it goes back to normal, usually for 5-10 seconds and when I press a button or change the lighting intensity, it goes back to really dim. Sometimes the lights go so dim they are no longer visible.

On top of this, I'm having the key repeat issue. I cannot solve it by pressing another button but have to take out the USBs again and plug them in. After that I have to wait about 20 seconds before the keyboard starts working again. Super frustrating.

I talked to corsair and they suggested an RMA. At first I thought yes, okay, I'll do it. Later it occured to me that it could not be a faulty keyboard, because it pretty much works 90% of the time as intended, besides the backlighting and the occasional key hiccups. I've done everything on this thread : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104856 and seemingly I've gotten the keys to work as they should, but the lighting is still messed up!

Please help me, I want to get it back to what it should be. What is wrong? I refuse to RMA it because
1) I live in Europe and that means I would have to go without a keyboard 1-3 weeks. It is unacceptable, as I need it every day and I am in the middle of an examination period, so I just cannot do it. I need to type/ use it a lot. If that was not enough, the one way shipping would cost around 30-40 euros, because of the size and weight of the keyboard and the original package it came with.
2)so many have this issue. 9 times out of 10 my keyboard works perfectly, but when I start to type a lot, I get a crapload of those key repeat errors and that backlighting issue (90% of the time not working as intended). The backlighting is about 50% dimmer at every level to what it is supposed to be. Every time I toggle through the backlighting levels, the num lock light flashes as if unable to emit light properly. Hardly RMA material, but something must be done :( Love the keyboard, but seriously.

Last edited by raimoa; 12-11-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 AM

POST ID # = 619125
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Have you tried reflashing the K90 to see if it fixes the backlight?

If you have and it still did not work, an RMA is the only way to resolve it as the K90 may be faulty.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 AM
tarnationsauce2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 619194
tarnationsauce2 Reputation: 10

The worst is when ALT gets stuck. Another time that really sucked was spacebar got stuck while working on a huge video project that caused the software to play/pause/play/pause/play... until my comp locked up.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 619703
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
The worst is when ALT gets stuck. Another time that really sucked was spacebar got stuck while working on a huge video project that caused the software to play/pause/play/pause/play... until my comp locked up.
Has this been occurring often lately?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM
LiquidLeary's PC Specs

POST ID # = 625230
LiquidLeary Reputation: 10

Hi! I have this problem frequently as well. Very frustrating since the keyboard is aimed at hardcore gamers and has potential to nuke your gaming at any moment with bad inputs. Will post specs in my profile if needed.

Thx!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 625456

I sent an email to you Liquid.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:25 PM

POST ID # = 625506
Dr4k3 Reputation: 10

If there's something we can do to fix this issue please let us know, I think there are so many people (like me) with this problem that follow this thread.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:14 AM

POST ID # = 625730
varulv Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
I sent an email to you Liquid.
First of all, thanks for the reply to my post - great support indeed! :) Hopefully I won't have to RMA.

As for the sticking keyes, I think I experienced it for the first time yesterday, but I haven't installed any FW/SW yet, so is that even possible?

I also found this, was he talking just for the new K95, or K90 as well? Hope you don't 'abandon' the poor K90 before the problem is completely resolved.. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonch View Post
theroot,

The K95 features a bios and report rate switch which is located near the USB hub on the keyboard. If your boards bios does not recognize the keyboard, you can switch the keyboard into bios mode. You also now have the ability to switch the polling rate of the keyboard.

Our office in Tapai has been working with Asus and Gigabyte among others to assure that motherboard bios teams can make the upgrades so gaming keyboards will work in bios. So far we have already seen a number of bios updates from Asus that fix our keyboards working in bios. We added the switch because it does take time for them to upgrade.

I can assure you we have been working in great detail on the issue of repeat key that some users are experiencing. We have been doing extensive testing internally with firmware updates. We have also been working with select external customers who have the issue. At this time I cant not give you a firm update on when the update will be available, but can assure you its our top priority.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:34 PM
rising fanboy
gnarlium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 626062
gnarlium Reputation: 10

Has any progress been made on a firmware update to fix this issue? I've been experiencing repeating keys, among other issues, since I bought the keyboard; it's remained consistent and is still a huge problem.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 626427

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlium View Post
Has any progress been made on a firmware update to fix this issue? I've been experiencing repeating keys, among other issues, since I bought the keyboard; it's remained consistent and is still a huge problem.
I sent you and Weaponkiller an email.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 01-14-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM
rising fanboy
gnarlium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 626435
gnarlium Reputation: 10

Thanks, shot you one back.