The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2016, 01:08 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 829350
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griking View Post
I bought the K70 red a few days ago.

It arrived today. I 'tried' to install it and encountered the same problem everyone else here seems to be having. Device not detected by the Utility Engine.

I tried the suggestions that were posted here. They didn't help.

I just repackaged the keyboard and processed my return through Amazon.

I don't have the time for this crap and frankly I shouldn't have to waste time trying to troubleshoot a brand new product to get it to work. Especially a keyboard of all things.
From what you're saying you bough an "old" K70 non-RGB red backlit which does NOT have any software (or macro) support of any kind. That is why CUE does not detect it, because it cannot since it doesn't support the "legacy" hardware.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:08 PM

POST ID # = 836906
Liquidpaper Reputation: 10

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154018

Old 02-13-2016, 02:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 836911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidpaper View Post
This won't solve his issue because there is no issue to begin with. He has the old K70 non-RGB and that is not a CUE device.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:31 PM

POST ID # = 838956
tobiasly Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
This won't solve his issue because there is no issue to begin with. He has the old K70 non-RGB and that is not a CUE device.
So is there any way to update the firmware on these old non-RGB keyboards? My understanding was that CUE was the only way to update firmware, and I don't see a separate download for that one.

Asking because I also use this keyboard w/ Linux, and have seen posts about updated firmware helping the keyboard work properly in non-BIOS mode. (Even if I could just disable the blinking scroll lock key I'd be happy!)

Thanks...

Old 02-24-2016, 03:49 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838959

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasly View Post
So is there any way to update the firmware on these old non-RGB keyboards? My understanding was that CUE was the only way to update firmware, and I don't see a separate download for that one.

Asking because I also use this keyboard w/ Linux, and have seen posts about updated firmware helping the keyboard work properly in non-BIOS mode. (Even if I could just disable the blinking scroll lock key I'd be happy!)

Thanks...
You don't need to update the firmware at all. The BIOS update currently available on the site (for K70 legacy/non-RGB) is more than 2+ years old, all new keyboards shipping since then have had it installed by default from the factory.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:58 AM

POST ID # = 859000
meshkat200198 Reputation: 10
Default Found a Solution Finally

So today I received the 2.05 update so I decided to go ahead and update the firmware. But once the firmware was downloaded the keyboard shut down and CUE would "not detect the device"

I started to look around the forums and saw that a bunch of people are having the same issue and no real solution has been posted by Corsair.

I tried every solution that I found on the forums posted by different users but nothing worked. So I decided to find a solution my self.

after trying bunch of stuff I decided to update the Intel Software through device manager and after a restarted the keyboard started working again!

Steps:
1) go to device manager
2) expand system devices
3) right click on all intel software and update
4) restart
5) hopefully your keyboard is back up and running!!!

I hope this helps!

Old 10-22-2017, 12:34 PM

POST ID # = 924126
dtgulab Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteration View Post
I remember a similar issue showing up for me when i installed the CUE version of the software.

However im pretty sure unplugging the cables and plugging them back in was able to resolve the issue.
Just to be sure what firmware version was it that you installed?

The spec for the K70 is either 2xUSB2.0 (Plugging the Auxiliary Power Cable in before the Keyboard Cable) or just 1xUSB3.0 (Using just the Keyboard cable and not the Auxiliary Power).
The spec for the K70 is either 2xUSB2.0 (Plugging the Auxiliary Power Cable in before the Keyboard Cable) or just 1xUSB3.0 (Using just the Keyboard cable and not the Auxiliary Power)

Just Plugged 1 USB 3.0

That fixed it for me

Old 10-27-2017, 07:34 PM

POST ID # = 924718
InsanityShard Reputation: 10

Benn to this thread a few times over the last year since I got mine, and the problem turned out to be very very simple. The BIOS switch on the back of the keyboard... I need to have it set to 1 for the Corsair Program to pick up on it. Anything else and it doesn't work.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:37 PM

POST ID # = 928478
wmupchurch Reputation: 10
Default Bios switch fixed it for me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanityShard View Post
Benn to this thread a few times over the last year since I got mine, and the problem turned out to be very very simple. The BIOS switch on the back of the keyboard... I need to have it set to 1 for the Corsair Program to pick up on it. Anything else and it doesn't work.
My keyboard had been working for months, but then stopped being recognized by CUE. I made no changes other than the most recent software update. I tried a bunch of stuff and nothing worked. Then I saw this and thought, "maybe I'll try it." Totally worked. Somehow the switch must have been moved. Can't explain how it happened. Only thing I can think is that the keyboard is in my office and the cleaning crew moves it... perhaps they accidentally hit the switch. All so say, check the bios setting. Perhaps something changed it.

Glad to have things working again.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:03 PM
idgforum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958783
idgforum Reputation: 10

Now summer 2018 and have problem with my K63 wireless. Must often shout down Utility Engine to get my keyboard to work.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:21 AM
Kerminshermin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959422
Kerminshermin Reputation: 10
Default Finally found a solution

Personally (I own the K95 Platinum), opening task manager and ending any thing related to corsair and its CUE/iCUE fixed it for me. Once all programs related to Corsair are closed through the task manager, you may open CUE/iCUE and the keyboard or other device should appear.
Good luck everyone.

Last edited by Kerminshermin; 06-17-2018 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Outlining which keyboard I own