Corsair Community

330R No sound from front panel headphone jack

d_fajardo

I have a 330R Blackout edition case with a TUF Z270 Mark 1 motherboard and installed Manjaro 64bit in it. Everything is working excellently except I don't have sound coming out of the front panel headphone jack. Sound is coming out of the back IO panel, however, and whenever I insert a headphone on the front panel, the sound from the back stops meaning the system recognises that a headphone has been attached.

My suspicion is this is a driver issue. As this is Linux, I can't install the Realtek audio driver that comes with the motherboard CD, or the Realtex Sound Manager.

Any solution, particularly from Linux users?

Just a quick question, but did you install the front panel audio cable onto the motherboard? All of our cases that come with a front panel I/O audio ports have a cable that plugs into the motherboard's "F_AUDIO" header. Would you please double check to see if it is properly hooked up, then we can go from there.

I wouldn't see this as a drive issue since the front panel audio cable is just a pass through.

Thanks for a quick reply. The TUF Z270 Mark 1 motherrboard doesn't have an F_AUDIO socket. I inserted it into the Front Panel Audio Connector (10-1 AAFP). My suspicion is the AFFP doesn't support this. However according to the motherboard manual it is HD Audio Compliant. Would you be able to say the AFFP supports this?

System recognises when I plug in headphone (speakers mute). I have a feeling this is a PulseAudio quirk. I'll investigate further...

Thanks for a quick reply. The TUF Z270 Mark 1 motherrboard doesn't have an F_AUDIO socket. I inserted it into the Front Panel Audio Connector (10-1 AAFP). My suspicion is the AFFP doesn't support this. However according to the motherboard manual it is HD Audio Compliant. Would you be able to say the AFFP supports this?

System recognises when I plug in headphone (speakers mute). I have a feeling this is a PulseAudio quirk. I'll investigate further...

Yes, for sure, our connector is just a passthrough. To be honest, this sounds like a driver / software issue. If it's muting speakers but no actual audio coming out of your headphones.

Thanks for confirming that. I will continue to look for solution either with PulseAudio, ALSA or the built-in Intel sound driver. Alsa does say it uses generic Realtek driver but as this is Linux, I can't install the Realtek Sound Manager which might be needed to trigger the output.

As usual, any help, comment or suggestion is welcome.

Archived