Corsair Community

Access to battery level?

needmacsupport

Hi folks,

I'm a budding developer and had a look at the

CUE SDK - Overview and Reference.pdf

I can't find a variable for battery level.

Is there a way to access battery level? One thing that drives me nuts is having to open iCUE (slow) and slick settings..and then visually search for the information.

Would love to write an application for PC that just shows me this critical info immediately!

Edited by needmacsupport

• 2 months later...

Assuming you did the neccessary pointerscans and found a suitable pointer, only the base address needs to be calculated. My tool uses MakeMEK's Threadstack Finder to do that automatically.

The program will default to the offsets I used by the way. I can imagine those work for you too as long as you use the same version of iCUE I used. So just start it up and give it a try ;)

• 10 months later...

Hey man, sorry I never got back to you. Been almost a year but I finally tried out your software. Had to do my own pointer scan (I assume iCUE version and different devices effects it), but after like 20 minutes of that, works a charm.

You're a legend mate! I'm setting it up to run from Rainmeter now

No worries, I'm kust happy it will be useful to someone else than me to make the github effort worth it :)

True, it depends on iCUEs version and which headset you use.

Let me know about how you solved it with rainmeter. I'm using rainmeter too but I think my solution is a bit complicated, even though it works. But it was also the first time I actually tried changing a rainmeter skin to fit my needs..

Yeah man, in the skin folder I have 2 files: VOIDBattery.ini and read_file.lua (see pastebin for both), as well as threadstack.exe and ReadBatteryLevel.exe (with config and output to ./battery_level.txt).

You'll want to customise the String meter however you want it. For me I have it on 'stay topmost' and placed over the taskbar, next to the time on my second monitor with 50% transparency.

Aah okay, thanks for that :)

A precompiled threadstack.exe is included in my release file too though

I think I remember now why I had issues with Rainmeter. I wanted to run it every two minutes so I used a Calc-Measure to executes an ActionTimer-Plugin-Measure to run the RunCommand-Plugin-Measure. (confused yet? lol)

I didn't just use the RunCommand-Plugin-Measure alone because the BatteryLevel.exe takes a while to write the file so LuaTextFile would always read the output of the previous run two minutes ago and I couldn't figure out a better way to run the LuaTextFile delayed. With your way you shouldn't notice too much, since you run it every 10 seconds anyway the 10 second delay doesn't matter.

I edited the 3Disks.ini from the default illustro so there is more in that file. The LuaTextFile.ini I took from a forum somewhere, it's not my own.

3Disks.ini

LuaTextFile.lua

• 2 weeks later...

I feel silly, I downloaded ReadbatteryLevel, extracted it, didn't find the variables with threadstack so I used Cheatengine to locate 'em, and I put them in Readbatterylevel.ini

I then downloaded VoidBattery.ini and the read_file.lua, compiled a skin for them and I keep getting 0%. Did I do any of these steps in the wrong order or did I miss something obvious? Thanks for your time!