Corsair Community

Different lighting for key combinations...

wraukon

Greetings,

I have a suggestion:

I'm sure this will probably not register as "horribly important", but I'd love to see the capability to produce different lighting for different key combinations, as well as the ability to do a group lighting only if the main key in the group is pressed.

EXAMPLES:

I can map one set of lighting to a control key, and I can map another set to a shift key, and a third to the ALT key, but I'd love to be able to map yet another set to a combination of Ctrl+Shift, to Alt+Shift, to Ctrl+Alt, to Ctrl+Alt+Shift, etc.

Reasoning: I have an app which uses various keys to perform different operations, and things work differently with different combinations of keys; i.e. unmodified, C-, S-, M-, C-M-, C-S-, S-M-, C-S-M- (M:Meta, which is how I use Alt), and I'd like to light these keys accordingly.

I also use a blackout mask for each key (C, S, M), but the blackout mask gets triggered any time I press any of the masked keys; it would be nice to be able to assign a master key (or two) such that when I press the main keys, the mask is applied but when I press any of the other keys, it is not.

Food for thought. I have a 1st generation RGB (actually, I have two of them, I liked the first one that much!).

you can do this with several profiles. I do in photoshop. It takes patience and effort but you only have to do it once and back up your profiles. Admittedly, it can be tricky, but what you described above already exists. make an alt profile, a ctrl profile a ctrl alt profile and so forth. You need profile switching keys while held with retain output and theres some features that are still 'broken' like if your application looses focus

Archived