Corsair Community

HS1 Excessively large amounts of white noise, speakers and microphone.

razoruk

Large amounts of white noise is occurring both through the speakers and through the microphone. This product has been advertised to come with a:

unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone

The clear, low-noise reproduction of the unidirectional noise-cancelling microphone lets your teammates hear you better

This is a false claim with the device I have here, the microphone is able to pick up a conversation over 10 meters away around walls and through doors (which is amazing because I can barely hear it) but in order for me to actually get my voice across I have to yell down the microphone, I could turn the microphone volume up so I don't have to yell but the white noise also becomes a lot louder is painful to the recipients.

The speakers produce so much white noise that after around 30 minutes of use I've managed to get a killer headache, and was actually shocked at how bad it was since when I took the headset off the room I'm in is deadly silent.

I have installed drivers, rebooted, rebooted again, unplugged, re-plugged, rebooted, uninstalled, rebooted, etc. etc. Every combination you can think of using both the default win7 x64 drivers and Corsair's drivers with absolutely no difference. I have tried this device on several machines and is still producing the exact same problem.

I have had to resort to going back to a cheap headset I obtained through a supermarket for about one fifth of the price, which compared to this has a far better quality microphone and speakers.

Before I return this product, I would like to know any step by step instructions anyone can recommend for me to try on the off chance I'm missing something, like a button that says "Click here to make it work like a £80~ headset should".

Yeah I don't get any noise cancelling whatsoever. People point out to me that they can hear people calling me from downstairs when I can't hear them myself. Doesn't seem to make any difference where noise comes from, it all comes through the same volume.

I have the exact white noise if that's what it's called. An extremely annoying snow/high pitch sound when I hear myself through the mic. So far I couldn't find anything to solve this. And I thought this headset had good reviews..... I might return this headset and ask my money back. I'm sorry, but I find this worthless. Not being rude here though.. It's just that I never expected this. I bought a headset for gaming, that includes great microphone as well. But so far I very dislike the mic on this headset.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same problem. Was listening to music earlier and the sound is good so I told myself the white noise wasn't an issue, but after a while I got an headache. Also having trouble with my mic giving out white noise, just holding the push-to-talk button in ventrilo makes a loud hissing noise. I have win 7 home premium 64bit.

I'm searching for a decrease sensibility button and a disable "mic boost" type buttion in the software, but I can't find it. Even my old mobo with an on-board soundcard has software that makes me adjust and turn off boost.

Archived