Corsair Community

Issue with RGB lighting on LL120

neewhom

I recently purchased a Corsair 500D RGB SE case and had the components and wiring done for me. Everything worked fine.

A little while ago, the bottom of the 3 RGB fans stopped lighting up on the outer rim (the fans have an inner, and outer LED component)

I assumed the fan was broke so purchased a new LL120 fan. Turns out with the replacement fan the same thing happens so I was probably a little too hasty, but wanted a fourth fan for the back anyway.

After a little tinkering in the iCUE software, i managed to get the outer LED working, but that's by suggesting that there are 4 fans connected, instead of 3. It seems to think the the fourth fan is the outer LED for the third fan for some strange reason.

Now I've actually connected 4 fans, the fourth one does not light up at all. I've connected the power and RGB elements to the hub in order 1, 2, 3 & 4, and I've suggested to the iCUE software there's 3, 4, 5, 6 fans but all that does is on

3 fans connected (3 light up, but the third only lights up in the middle)

4 fans connected (3 light up, including the inner and outer components)

5 fans connected (4th fan remains not lighting up)

6 fans connected (same)

Does anyone have any suggestions why this is happening ?

Edited by neewhom

• Corsair Employee

Sometimes, like, one LED will fail on the fan. When that happens, it messes up everything else down the chain.

Try switching the fans around on the ports, and see if that changes up what is lighting up and what's not. Often it can be isolated to a single fan.

Also, please note we have 2 year warranties on the fans. We can always replace them through our support service if you create a ticket.

Thanks for the response,

I've tried every combination you can think of, and none of the fans are broken, if i try a different combination i can get at least 3 of them to all show both LED combinations simultaneously, but never the fourth fan.

The fourth fan works in the sense that it's spinning (Albeit strangely at a slower speed then the others(not concerning)) but I cannot get them to all light up.

And again the strange thing is that i can only get all 3 to light up properly if I specify that i have 4 fans, which if i unplug the fourth i do not have, but is still necessary for the full LED to work on all 3.

Is there any way to reset the control hub? Or could the control hub be faulty? I'm pretty certain the fans are fine.

• Corsair Employee

Possibly? But does it only happen on the 4th port?

I would also suggest creating a ticket at this point, because something here is broken and we'll probably need to send some component to get this to work. It's just about determining what out of these parts is not working correctly.