Corsair Community

my initial issues with Dark Core

Apophis3

I decided to list them in a new post so that the Corsair reps can forward this:

Using the latest CUE 2.23.40

1) Updating HW profiles to mouse memory. This was a big problem, since the option to save profiles to memory is not always present. I would make changes, and the button to save would not be present. I would have to alternate between tabs in the CUE interface, often several times, to get the "Save to Memory" button to appear in the options list. This is when the unit is wired.

2) Flashing firmware. The current CUE does not support flashing the firmware over USB 3.0. I wish they noted this somewhere in their instructions. I went nuts trying to get this to work on my laptop, which is a Gen7 Intel system with USB3.0 ports only. I wound up digging up an old laptop with only USB 2.0 ports to perform the flash. Mind you, this reported the flash only getting to 85% before reporting a fail, however it did complete the flash. When I moved the mouse to my current laptop, it reports v0.33.

Other than these 2 issues, the mouse has been a pleasure to use. I also use this mouse in BlueTooth mode, and would appreciate it if there was a way to check the battery status other than turning the mouse off/on.

1. Does CUE show the mouse is connected via the USB cable under settings?

CUE does show that it's connected. I managed to get the option to come up by selecting "Default" on top, and and then selecting "Dark Core RGB HW 1" then going into "DPI". If "Default" is selected up top, I can still edit the DPI, but I guess they're all software profiles only, stored locally.

Annoying app.

The DPI profiles can be saved to the mouse via the HW profile although i cannot seem to reproduce your "save profile to device" bug. You will want to make sure the HW profile is still selected as CUE may revert back to the default profile if it loses focus.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived