Corsair Community

Moving to a new computer

Raven43

I am moving to a new computer and taking my Corsair Keyboard K70 RGB with me. First, I am a novice at this sort of stuff - setting colours for a keyboard, etc. I bought this keyboard because of the recommendations on the web as a good one to use - mechanical, and all that stuff - the ability to assign colours to various parts of the keyboard was, and is, a bonus. On my old computer, I was able to set the keyboard up with constant colours for the various keyboards with no "rainbow" affect as I find them very distracting. For example, all my letter keys were one colour. When I moved the keyboard and the software to the new computer, the "file" that supported the existing keyboard display did not come with the move (don't know why). For some reason, I am having trouble re-establishing the previous colour scheme on my new computer, even with updating all the software. If I go back to my old computer, is it possible to find this file and move it to my new computer? Where will I find it on my old computer and what will it be called? Where do I put it on my new computer so that it will work the same on the new one as it did on the old one.

Any insight that anyone would care to provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Raven43

Storing profiles on board is a bit of a mess, it's also limited to I think 5 basic layers, so if you have a color profile that is more complex it probably won't be stored on board.

What you want to do is, go to your old PC and export the profile via iCue and import it on your new PC. https://imgur.com/a/VU0oCs4

You have two options; either export a single profile, or a folder than contains several. This comes in handy if you have several games which each use individual profiles.

Might sound excessive if you have only one basic profile, but once you have profiles set up for a few games/programs with macros on them, you'll be thankful to be able to export them all in a folder at once. ;)

Thanks Metazolid. My needs are not really that great (yet). I have a single profile that I use for my board for everyday use and have it available to the keyboard for my new computer. The problem I am having now is that when I start the computer up every morning, the default is some sort of "rainbow" profile and I would like to make it the "constant one" that I prepared for my new computer. For now, I simply run iCue and change it over, something I would like to not have to do every morning. I will worry about others later.

My question is how do I make the one that I prepared come up as the working profile and not the "rainbow" one? Probably an easy solution, but then I am just learning how to put this "colour" into my keyboard - all new to me. Do you know of a decent "instruction manual, or a video, that will help? I am guessing there is something on YouTube, so I need to have a look.

WesternGuy

Honestly I dont have a real clue.

Unless you have a rather recent Keyboard which has hardware lighting and hardware actions built in and available as options, I don't have a conclusive suggestion for you.

On my K95 I save my main profile on the M1 and that seems to work but then again, I have messed with another profile that I have saved on M1 instead

and my keyboard went blank without iCue, giving me inconclusive results about which and how a profile is stored on the device.

EAv9pC9.png

Edited by Metazolid

Metazolid, I was able to produce the profile that I wanted with different keys having different colours. Thank you for your helpful discussion of my situation as it got me thinking about chasing down videos, one of which gave me enough information to set up my keyboard the way I wanted it.

Raven43