Corsair Community

Chaining more than two actions

Charixfox

I'm open for alternate suggestions on how to accomplish the goal here.

I'm doing minor automation that requires pressing a key to pull up the console followed by entering a command. I can use the Text action to enter the command, which makes editing it hugely easier, however putting the console key at the start of the text does not pull up the console. So I'm having to put a separate action to press the key. Then I can chain with "Second Action" to a text action, but it won't chain with "Second Action" on that to a third action. So with a set of twelve separate commands that are always put in in the same order, I'm ending up having to press twelve keys in order, which is mildly annoying.

I could make a macro for the whole set, but that makes a massive string of keypress commands that is an absolute pain to edit values in.

A macro cannot press a chain of G keys either apparently.

Is there any good way to get multiple segments of keypress followed by text entry without making a Macro that strings out every character vertically?

I'm open for alternate suggestions on how to accomplish the goal here.

Is there any good way to get multiple segments of keypress followed by text entry without making a Macro that strings out every character vertically?

I've been in your shoes under a slightly different scenario and I have yet to see it work reliably within the software to "execute second action" however if you take your time you can setup stellar over-arching macros that work 99.5% of the time in practice even with complex sequences as you gradually combine them. To be honest you can do that within or outside of the software.

Lets say these were chat binds/spams in a modern fps game, they might look like (in psuedo format):

Press ~

Release ~

Keystroke s

Keystroke a

Keystroke y

Keystroke {space}

Keystroke :

Keystroke )

for a smiley face, but they could be more complicated than that and may need to follow each other...i get why that is hard to build and it would be nice to be able to construct component actions and assemble them later. To be honest with you, you kind of have to struggle through it or just edit your exported Cueprofiles and then reimport them if you need to combine large things together. I almost never bother because if I go that route, it generally has to do with a decision making macro or a modifier combination i'm looking to effect.

You kind of just need to get your hands dirty, like for that game hacknet i made individual macros for each command but put them in the more likely sequences and then burned through the DLC on the quick...

A lot of people are not big fans, but I like Autohotkey in conjunction with Cue2 and they don't ALWAYS play nice together, but where one fails, the other always steps up and I'd say it is good to know both but AHK may not fly under your game radar if that's your target application.

I've been in your shoes under a slightly different scenario and I have yet to see it work reliably within the software to "execute second action" however if you take your time you can setup stellar over-arching macros that work 99.5% of the time in practice even with complex sequences as you gradually combine them. To be honest you can do that within or outside of the software.

Lets say these were chat binds/spams in a modern fps game, they might look like (in psuedo format):

Press ~

Release ~

Keystroke s

Keystroke a

Keystroke y

Keystroke {space}

Keystroke :

Keystroke )

for a smiley face, but they could be more complicated than that and may need to follow each other...i get why that is hard to build and it would be nice to be able to construct component actions and assemble them later. To be honest with you, you kind of have to struggle through it or just edit your exported Cueprofiles and then reimport them if you need to combine large things together. I almost never bother because if I go that route, it generally has to do with a decision making macro or a modifier combination i'm looking to effect.

You kind of just need to get your hands dirty, like for that game hacknet i made individual macros for each command but put them in the more likely sequences and then burned through the DLC on the quick...

A lot of people are not big fans, but I like Autohotkey in conjunction with Cue2 and they don't ALWAYS play nice together, but where one fails, the other always steps up and I'd say it is good to know both but AHK may not fly under your game radar if that's your target application.

Hmm... Since it's Minecraft civil service, AHK may be a good solution as long as I remember to kill it before playing anything else lest it be detected as a cheat thing.

I was hoping that Cue could do it without One-Character-Per-Line macros, but ahh well. Can't have everything we want, right?

Thank you!

Having the ability to chain multiple actions together in a macro would be great. However, this is something I would have thought would be core functionality. Cue 2 already has the actions library. I was trying to move actions into my macro - being the natural and intuitive thing to do, but was very disappointed that this feature doesn't appear to have been thought about.

I would like Cue to be able to:

1. Add all the different types of actions directly into a macro.

2. Add any action from the Actions Library into a macro.

3. Add any lighting effect from the Lighting Effects list into a macro.

4. Assign key combinations (including modifiers) to actions.

5. There's a weird distinction between the sorts of actions that are allowed in the Simple vs Advanced interfaces. I was getting frustrated in the Simple interface that it wouldn't allow me to do certain (seemingly simple) things, but this was possible in the Advanced interface. Conversely, the Advanced interface seemed to lack some things that were in the Simple interface (such as the reactive light preset - which I managed to reconstruct in Advanced anyway, but just because it's 'Advanced' doesn't mean that things should be made more difficult for no reason).

This is good software, don't get me wrong. I've only come into this (using my new K95 RGB before they all disappear entirely - unfortunately, only Browns left - which are a bit clicky) using version 2.18.81 of Cue 2. It all seems to work fine despite Cue 2 obviously not working fine for some people looking at all the posts in this forum. However, some features need to be extended that one step further. As it is, I'll need to supplement this with AutoHotkey, which shouldn't really be needed for basic macro functionality.

Archived