Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine immediately exits after opening

yamyoume

This just happened now

i was just installing some iis components and after a restart this Corsair Utility Engine wont open

and all my settings are gone

i tried uninstall and deleting every files in (local, roaming, programdata) restart then reinstall,,, and same thing

have windows 10 and this what the log says

[2015-12-02T22:45:23]: UserSessionInfo: locked changed to 0.
[2015-12-02T22:45:23]: UserSessionInfo: connected changed to 1.
[2015-12-02T22:45:23]: UserSessionInfo: local changed to 1.
[2015-12-02T22:45:24]: UserSessionInfo: locked changed to 0.
[2015-12-02T22:45:24]: UserSessionInfo: connected changed to 1.
[2015-12-02T22:45:24]: UserSessionInfo: local changed to 1.

Do you have any other gaming software installed? If it worked prior to installing the components, I would disconnect one by one to see where the culprit is.

i was just trying to setup a php server with iis

i only added the world wide web publishing service and iis manager for php_cgi

after a restart this happened

i really need this server to study for now, but i might try reverting these windows components changes and see

Hey Sir Henry

i made windows components as they were

uninstalled everything from dec-2

and uninstalled CorsairUtility and files in (local, roaming, c:\programfiles)

restarted and tried installing older version of CorsairUtility

same problem installed the new one and same probelm

when i first open CorsairUtility i hear the sound of hardware disconnecting and then nothing the CorsairUtility exits by it self

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue. I have gone through everything. I have removed all keyboard devices and HID devices via device manager. I have uninstalled, removed all registry etires and appdata folders. I even performed these steps: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html

Nothing is working for me. This worked fine on my Alienware but not on my HP Elitebook. I cannot do a fresh OS install because there is just too much to deal with and backup/migrate for that option. I really need a fix other than a fresh install. I'm out of ideas and turning to you all for help. My log is posted below. I have the K70 RGB on Windows 7 Pro. When I reboot the CosairHID.exe continues to run but the icon in the sys tray does nothing. right click and left click do nothing. i cannot get the GUI to open. If I try different USB ports the CorsairHID.exe will crash and I will have to reboot for it to stay open. If i don't reboot and just try run as admin it will open then immediately terminate on its own. It's almost like the CUE is not detecting the keyboard because normally after I install CUE and reboot it will prompt me one time to select my keyboard layout and I would select North America (US) but i just dont get that screen on my HP. Any ideas? I think I have pretty much tried every option found on this forum. I have a support ticket to corsair as well but haven't heard back yet.

[2016-02-17T22:00:09]: UserSessionInfo: locked changed to 0.

[2016-02-17T22:00:09]: UserSessionInfo: connected changed to 1.

[2016-02-17T22:00:09]: UserSessionInfo: local changed to 1.

[2016-02-17T22:00:10]: UserSessionInfo: locked changed to 0.

[2016-02-17T22:00:10]: UserSessionInfo: connected changed to 1.

[2016-02-17T22:00:10]: UserSessionInfo: local changed to 1.

• Corsair Employee
Hey Sir Henry

i made windows components as they were

uninstalled everything from dec-2

and uninstalled CorsairUtility and files in (local, roaming, c:\programfiles)

restarted and tried installing older version of CorsairUtility

same problem installed the new one and same probelm

when i first open CorsairUtility i hear the sound of hardware disconnecting and then nothing the CorsairUtility exits by it self

Even without the hardware peripherals plugged in, CUE should still be able to load. The fact that it isnt even opening is puzzling me. Instead of reinstalling, have you tried the repair option? On the tray icons, try double clicking on the icon to see if it does anything. I would advise that you call into tech support, since they are able to provide you with live assistance.

Archived