Corsair Community

Corair One boiling

I updated to the newest iCUE this last week. And my Corsair One i160's fans and sensors almost killed it. 100C? No fans? Blinking red?

Scoured the forums.

Got an i160?

Uninstall iCUE and get rid of all profiles (check box).

Go back to this:

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.26.95_release.msi

Check this simple text file 1st:

C:\ProgramData\Corsair\CUE\Service logsCorsair_Cooling.log

If you see zeros you are in bad shape. Really bad.

It should have acutal temp numbers and power numbers.

3.26.95's good looking example after downgrading:

Corsair ONE default curve for 'Intel Core i9 9900K'

16:28:35.2035 | 15 | INFO | Corsair ONE | ============================================================

16:28:35.2035 | 15 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Temp: 40 42 44 45 46 47 48

16:28:35.2035 | 15 | INFO | Corsair ONE | PWM : 0 20 40 55 70 85 100

16:28:35.2035 | 15 | INFO | Corsair ONE | ============================================================

2020-07-02 16:28:35.2035 | 15 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Corsair ONE default curve for 'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti'

16:28:35.2035 | 15 | INFO | Corsair ONE | Temp: 40 41 45 47 48 49 50

16:28:35.2035 | 15 | INFO | Corsair ONE | PWM : 0 30 50 60 70 85 100

I hope the formatting came through. And I hope this helps somebody.

• Like 1

I've found I have high temps as well, and I think it is due to iCUE... The Default fan profile isn't turning on the fan.

Once the coolant hits 60c... the thermal safety turns on and maxes out the fan... until the coolant falls below 60c and then it repeats.

I put in a support ticket to see if this is intended behavior... for now I just have it set to a fixed 100%

I can see in the logs that before and after they shipped it to me everything looked normal

around 7/1 I start seeing Malfunction:

ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

Reboot EFM8: Rebooting EFM8/XMC...

Reboot EFM8: Step #1-1: Verifying of status got an exception: System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out.

After that I start seeing

============================================================

Write default curve to configuration file (Fan #0, Mode = 140)

Temp: 32 0 0 0 0 0 0

PWM: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Temp: 0 0 0 36 0 0 0

PWM: 0 0 24 0 0 0 0

Flag for storing default curves to EEPROM: OFF

Uninstalling / Reinstalling the above version didn't help matters... and neither did updating to the latest version. Its still setting fan to 0 if I use the default profile and 100% if I use the extreme profile.

Seeing as the fan is super quite even at full speed... I may just leave it there and see what Corsair says about my support ticket

• 2 weeks later...

I tried contacting support, the told me that for warranty purposes I can't add new fan profiles, and to try to reset my CMOS with a button that doesn't exist on this machine.

After today's iCUE update, the cooling logs show that default profile is setting a reasonable fan curve.

My question is, when will I get another iCUE update that decides to cook my machine? Is there a viable alternative to iCUE? I quite frankly have never, and will never, trust iCUE with the health and monitoring of any machine.

I ran into Tarm's "Corsair One boiling" iCue issue today with my i160 overheating and shutting down after 11 months of blissfully trouble free service. Luckily I stumbled onto this thread only to learn (after a couple of hours trouble shooting my hardware) that my overheating problem is the iCue software bug and not my hardware.

The downgraded to the iCue version Tarm linked in his post (3.26.95) but that did not work for me as it did not recognize my new Corsair Lighting Towers. I updated to the latest iCue version (3.31.81) and the Default setting still sets the fan speed to zero at any CPU or GPU temp. So I am using AzureBlood2's workaround of setting the fan profile to Extreme causing it to run at constantly 100%. Fortunately it is not a loud fan and at least my PC isn't shutting down due to overheating.

I do hope Corsair is addressing the i160 / iCue issue as mentioned by "Corsair Mint" above.

Edited by dbglerum

• 5 months later...
I have an i64 and I am having the same issues. When i play games on max settings, sometimes I have to set the performance to extreme to stop the PC overheating. The default setting keeps the fan on zero rpm

I had a similar issue recently with the current iCue version - custom fan setting stopped working and default setting kept the fan at 0. Restarted my computer and everything went back to normal. No problems since.

I had the same issue with iCUE setting my fan RPM speed to zero less than a month after I bought my a100. I tried reaching out to support and they kept asking me questions like 'Is it overheating because your environment changed?'

Once I finally got them to understand it was a software issue with iCUE, they said they'd ask another dept and get back to me. They never did, they just straight ghosted me.

Considering IDC about RGB, fan curves were broken / non-existant, and the uselessness of the HW monitoring graphs in iCUE... I just uninstalled everything Corsair and plugged the top fan into my motherboard fan header.

<snip> I tried reaching out to support and they kept asking me questions like 'Is it overheating because your environment changed?'

<snip> I just uninstalled everything Corsair and plugged the top fan into my motherboard fan header.

After about three days of waiting, support asked me to use an airduster to blow away dust just in case its a dust issue. They do not seem to want to acknowledge this issue.

Can I ask, how hard was it to put the fan on the motherboard fan header? Does it run at 100% rpm all the time now?

• 2 weeks later...

This thread did help me!

I downgraded ICUE to the one linked above and now my fans are working properly again. I was bluescreening/overheating constanly unless I left the ffans on Extreme. So, thank you! and i hope Corsair fixes ICUE soon.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Any update here? I have the exact same issue with the temp/PWM settings being mostly 0 and the fan not adjusting when needed, just sitting at 0 RPM. This is my second day of owning the system and this began 2 hours after first boot.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:13 PM, AFTRMTH said:

I have the exact same issue with the temp/PWM settings being mostly 0 and the fan not adjusting when needed, just sitting at 0 RPM.

You should contact Corsair Support.  It's a prebuilt system and they will walk you through some things to check.  Unfortunately, the Corsair One devices are often set up in different ways or have slightly different configurations compared the retail products, so what we see may not be what you see.  However, this thread is quite old and you should not revert to any CUE 3 version of the software.  That will only serve to amplify your current issues.  

If you want to some help in the meantime, start a new thread and show us the cooling tab for whatever device is controlling your fans (AIO, Commander Pro, Core, etc.).  There are a lot of different combinations of hardware, so we don't know what's in your box.