Corsair Community

XMP problem

Kevin291

I have a set of CMW32GX4M4D3600C18 Corsair Vengeance RGB pro memory.

Up until recently it worked without issue. Now after setting XMP the timings applied are always 22 30 30 64 and the kit is 18 22 22 42. My motherboard reports one stick is 18 22 22 42, the other is 22 30 30 64 but they came from the same kit! They should be the same and were when I got them. CPU-Z also reports this. This is a 32 gig kit but i am only using two sticks out of 4, the other 2 are in my wife's system( This was a better deal, that's why).

I've tried resetting the bios, moving sticks to different slots, removing the cmos battery, reflashing my bios etc... No matter what when i set XMP i get 22 30 30 64 timings. I can manually set them to 18 22 22 42 the rated speed of this kit but only manually.

I don't understand this, they always worked with XMP set at their correct timings until now. According to SPD in bios one stick is now being reported at 18-22-22-42 and the other at 22-30-30-64. This didn't used to be the case.

Have one of my ram sticks been corrupted? I simply cannot get XMP to apply as it once did @ the proper timings. It's like each stick has a different profile.

Edited by Kevin291

Update, after a reboot, now if i set XMP it gives me

30-30-30-145! Speed is correct but the timings are not!

I need help, if i use one stick in channel A, the timings are correct under XMP. If i add a second to channel B, then the timings applied are wrong. Yes i can manually set the timings but i would prefer using XMP and XMP used to work properly. I feel something is either wrong with my ram or my motherboard.

qJmGhKp

K7wLC9B

Another update, I swapped the ram from my wife's pc to mine. No issues. XMP worked correctly. I tried mine in her pc and it will only boot with XMP on the one stick, the one with weird timings won't boot with XMP enabled at all. The only way those two sticks together will boot is at 2133 speed(default). I'm going to assume that stick has gone bad and rma it. At least now I know it's not my motherboard.