The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2019, 01:02 PM

POST ID # = 1013097
HughWattmate Reputation: 10
Default iCue Monitoring.

Please let us just disable all monitoring. I have better stuff to monitor my temps than iCue. I only use the software for my mouse. Having it open causes a huge jump in voltage going to my Ryzen 3800x. The latest update did't solve anything. I can close it down and see it drop from 1.45 down to 1.2 instantly! The moment i open iCue again its right back up at 1.45 killing my CPU.

I would like to ditch the software all together, but unfortunately there is a bug with the mouse that causes camera/ movement to be strange in games/ Loading iCue solves this but yeah.. 1.45v's to the cpu...

I see no reason why the software should be forcing monitoring anyways just drop it with a toggle switch for the love of god. This issue is getting more widely known and will just hit your bottom line sooner or later when people avoid your products. Personally if i had the option now id have avoided your product's for the sake of my £380 cpu that its destroying.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1013100
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Go to Services.msc, locate the Corsair Service, right click it and select Properties, change Startup Type to Disabled, and then Select Service Status Stop. That should turn it off and keep it off until u start the service again in services msc.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:58 PM
FALE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013120
FALE Reputation: 18

I've got the same problem, but I've got a 2700x with 6 iCUE devices. Voltages stay high while it's running, and go back to fluctuating when it's stopped or uninstalled. I'm on the 3.18.77 version so its not just 3000 series being effected.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1013133
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALE View Post
I've got the same problem, but I've got a 2700x with 6 iCUE devices. Voltages stay high while it's running, and go back to fluctuating when it's stopped or uninstalled. I'm on the 3.18.77 version so its not just 3000 series being effected.
Stated by AMD, this isn't specific to iCUE. This is a problem related to monitoring software and the 3000/2000 series CPU's. You can try the solution I offered above, which will turn off the Hardware related iCUE functions, or wait for further BIOS updates.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:18 PM

POST ID # = 1013137
HughWattmate Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
Stated by AMD, this isn't specific to iCUE. This is a problem related to monitoring software and the 3000/2000 series CPU's. You can try the solution I offered above, which will turn off the Hardware related iCUE functions, or wait for further BIOS updates.
AMD released new chipset drivers to fix the power plan issues today. CPU-Z + Ryzen master (updated today) can be ran just fine without any issue as can hardware monitor, cam, hwinfo. The only program i have had issue with is iCue. So yeah at this point i'd say its an iCue issue as others have managed to solve it just fine. Plus seems to feel like everyone not just myself would like an option to turn off monitoring.

BTW the post from amd can be found here https://community.amd.com/community/...-and-destiny-2 along with the chipset drivers. Now please fix the software, or add something to the box to say the hardware does not support ryzen cpus and may cause unnecessary ware over time and shorten the lifespan.

Last edited by HughWattmate; 07-30-2019 at 04:25 PM.