The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 02:39 PM
GumbyDammit223's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888038
GumbyDammit223 Reputation: 11

Went back and took another look at v2.9. The K70 profiles appeared to have survived the jump. Don't think that's ever happened before. Scimitar profiles were gone as expected, but the keymapping survived. Not sure why, but I was able to get my Scimitar color animations in place without much trouble. Other times I swear I didn't have the options. Anyway, having to go and rebuild them lent themselves to more refinement so I'm actually pretty happy the way things all turned out.

I hate change and bitch & moan about things not working perfectly the first time but I can say now that it has been a positive learning experience for me.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:23 PM
DampWolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888332
DampWolf Reputation: 10
Angry

I came here for pretty much the same reason.

I use my PC for Architectural work and had all my software configured very well for the plethora of software that is in my daily workflow. It really helps when moving between different design software to have the same colours for similar tools in different software.

I stupidly installed this version of CUE after seeing a keyboard review on YouTube and POOF all my profiles were gone.
I tried importing them and the software doesn't even say "incompatible profile" it does nothing.

I'm pretty disappointed.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:44 PM

POST ID # = 888402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Try clearing this folder C:\Users\zhere\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE. Then reimporting the profiles on2.6.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by DampWolf View Post
I came here for pretty much the same reason.

I use my PC for Architectural work and had all my software configured very well for the plethora of software that is in my daily workflow. It really helps when moving between different design software to have the same colours for similar tools in different software.

I stupidly installed this version of CUE after seeing a keyboard review on YouTube and POOF all my profiles were gone.
I tried importing them and the software doesn't even say "incompatible profile" it does nothing.

I'm pretty disappointed.
If you by chance have the CUE v2 profiles backed up somewhere, try uninstalling CUE with the 'delete user profiles' or whatever the checkbox says checked. Then check for the directory Inheritance talks about at the top of this post and delete it if it's there. Then, try reinstalling CUE v2. Once installed, see if CUE can then import your profiles. If it can't, sorry to say you're SOL (****** outta luck) and will have to rebuild them. I know it's a royal PITA, but with repetition comes proficiency! Good luck!

Old 02-03-2017, 01:58 PM
DampWolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889777
DampWolf Reputation: 10

I suppose making a whole new set will force me to refine them!

Old 02-05-2017, 06:14 PM

POST ID # = 890039

Quote:
Originally Posted by DampWolf View Post
I suppose making a whole new set will force me to refine them!
That's the bright side - by rebuilding them you get to think about new and cooler schemes to try!

Tags
cue, k70 rgb, scimitar rgb