The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 08:26 AM
jajinder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732144
jajinder Reputation: 10

Hi there,

I lost count on ho many times I (un)installed the software (even older versions), restarted my computer and changed USB port. (Clean Windows Install)

Personal Issues:
- Notification that Link is running... (who cares, we know it right. People who are using Link software aren't beginners)
- Showing Link logo on startup... (It's simply a no-go)

Technical Issues:
- H100i temp stays at 0
- CPU temp blinking red in and out (showing true temp/ showing 0 temp)
- LED H100i stays green... doesn't change color, besides "black"
- Not all temperatures showing of motherboard

EDIT: It looks like the temperatures of the motherboard, CPU and H100i are shown in the contextmenu, but not in LINK

Specs:
- Asus Z97 Pro (WIFI AC)
- INTEL 4790K
- H100i
- Windows 7 x64

Last edited by jajinder; 10-02-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:17 PM

POST ID # = 732191
Daveangel Reputation: 10
Default firmware

link wants to update 1.1.5 > 1.1.5 >?

what happened to 1.1.6 was it pulled already?

Old 10-02-2014, 07:05 PM

POST ID # = 732278
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

The firmware 1.1.6 update file for the Commander Mini can be found here. (Default install location)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\FirmwareImages\CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.6.s19.gz

Last edited by Toasted; 10-03-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Neroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732328
Neroz Reputation: 10

1. 2.7.5361
2. Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
3. Not working. Temps blinking in red and shows zero.
Power tab shows all 0.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:29 AM
babyblue69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732398
babyblue69 Reputation: 10
Send a message via ICQ to babyblue69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
The firmware 1.1.6 update file for the Commander Mini can be found here.

Corsair\Corsair Link\FirmwareImages\CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.6.s19.gz
What it is "the Commander Mini"... the Corsair Link USB Dongle?

This address is false

Last edited by babyblue69; 10-03-2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: mod

Old 10-03-2014, 07:08 PM

POST ID # = 732568
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

No, the Commander Mini is not the LINK USB Dongle included with the AXi PSU.

The Commander Mini is basically an updated version of the Corsair LINK kits. It allows you to plug four temperature sensors, six fans, one L.E.D. strip/channel and a total of 4 other LINK compatible devices in a size similar to the first generation Cooling Node.

Product page for the Commander Mini is here.
http://www.corsair.com/en/corsair-commander-mini

The address to the firmware file is not an internet URL, it's a reference to locate the firmware update file for the firmware updater. I've edited it so it should prevent confusion.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Memhorder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732859
Memhorder Reputation: 10

Hey guys! FYI I had the same issue with the H100i not showing temps or detected. Do you have an Asus Motherboard? In order for me to get that to work all I did was disable Temp Probe and the temp sensor in Asus Suite and it worked. Now I just have the issue of not seeing Fan RPM's on the Rad.

Update: Jesus guys I'm gonna burn my SSD out with all this uninstalling, re-installing. I can't believe after all this time this software is still in limbo. I'm really getting annoyed by this. I've just updated to new version in hopes of seeing the fan RPM's and having control of them but NO. Now I can't see temps on H100i and the fix above does not work. Why the hell is this cheap software even released? It doesn't work. But keep pushing those units with faulty software................see where that gets you. Doesn't seem like anyone gives a RATs *** either. Now I gotta uninstall, delete, reinstall, uninstall, delete, reinstall to the older version and cross my fingers. I'm ready to toss this garbage to the side for something that works and not have to play with it. Geez I'm mad.

Last edited by Memhorder; 10-04-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Updated to new version with no avail.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:42 PM
evilmaster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732886
evilmaster Reputation: 15

Someone should make a program that just controls the H80/H100 pump and fans and nothing else basically. Corsair Link is bloated, uses too much CPU (this version at least) and crashes too. (See my old post for more info here).

Old 10-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Doridian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732887
Doridian Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmaster View Post
Someone should make a program that just controls the H80/H100 pump and fans and nothing else basically. Corsair Link is bloated, uses too much CPU (this version at least) and crashes too. (See my old post for more info here).

Me and WizzyThing are working on an alternative to Corsair Link. It is still in development. If you know anyone who can help: https://github.com/Doridian/CorsairLinkPlusPlus
We might actually start a public beta sometime soon.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Haximaxi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732910
Haximaxi Reputation: 10

I have had the H100i for almost a year now, and one of its main selling points was the software that goes with it, when i first installed it i had to modify the register but it worked somewhat, sure not everything showed but the main reason to control the fans and pump did, i thought he its not out that long i am sure it will be fixed soon ( i got to say i never really read these forums just sought for a fix and it worked and went on my way)

Now fast forward to today, i have to do a fresh install on windows 8.1 64 pro and i go back to download link, after installing it shows me almost my entire system but still NOT my h100i fans and pump, it is the only reason why i use this program to begin with, now i dove into these forums and it is simply depressing it seems to me that almost nobody can get the damn software to work ?

Anyway after a clean windows 8.1 install with no other programs or anything else installed i had to do the register modify again, it somewhat works again now but my processor temps are glowing red and on 0 and then reading the actual temp again and i have a fair few other issues with it as well that are well documented in these forums (2nd gpu not showing up, the led not remembering its color, i can go on for a while but you get the picture) i understand that it is cool to have software to control everything but really i just want to control my h100i and nothing else.

Corsair link is an ambitious program but at some point you guys just have to admit that it was too ambitious for the guy you hired to do it and just let all the extra stuff go, and just prioritize that we can actually use your hardware with the provided software and not be driven to half insanity by trying to use your software as it is now, a peace of bloated software that tries very hard to do many things but actually does nothing right.

TLDR: If i knew back then what i know now i would never have bought the H100i, Corsairs hardware is fantastic but there software is beyond saving.

Edit: i was planning on buying a k70 RGB but after reading those forums i nope'd out of there and decided ill probably buy another keyboard

Last edited by Haximaxi; 10-04-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:26 PM
evilmaster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732923
evilmaster Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doridian View Post
Me and WizzyThing are working on an alternative to Corsair Link. It is still in development. If you know anyone who can help: https://github.com/Doridian/CorsairLinkPlusPlus
We might actually start a public beta sometime soon.
I did hardware programming back in the day (mouse drivers and stuff), but not anymore. :) Nice to see that you are doing this! Just keep it simple and make a very simple GUI (hell, I wouldn't mind using the command prompt as long as it's working) and you've got a user here. :D

Old 10-04-2014, 08:57 PM
WizzyThing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 732948
WizzyThing Reputation: 10

The CLI is more of a debugging tool atm, we might extend the functionalities later.
We also got a json api and a basic web view working, for more info you can look into the usb protocol thread.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:33 AM

POST ID # = 732990
boonstick Reputation: 10

1. 2.7.5361
2. Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
3. Only Temp Sensor 4 is showing up at 0.0C

Old 10-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733049
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default SIV will report H100i and H80i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmaster View Post
My SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility will report H100i and I suspect H80i pumps.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:04 PM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733052
ukunox Reputation: 11

Hey there,

Sorry for my proper english.
Im following the software issue to my h100i like a year now.
First it got air inside the pump and made a lot of vibration and noise where i had to exchange my old h100i for guarantee. Now i went to windows 8.1 and made a fresh install on 64bit. No pump or fans recognized. I changed the registry like in many videos shown. Still nothing detected accept everything else than h100i related. I get and problem with my internal bride (Code 43) as well. First i installed Version 2.7.5361 and saw that the temps are not shown correctly like in previous versions (pump still not shown) then i went back to version 2.7.5339 with usb bios setting legacy support disabled and still no pump...what can i do? im from germany so sorry for my bad language here... its not nice to see that Corsair not managed to bring an easy to install bugless software for their product. one of the reason that i wont buy anymore Corsair stuff. How long do people need to wait until this works? windows 10?

110€ for a non 100% functional object is to much money waste

Last edited by ukunox; 10-05-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: price

Closed Thread