Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2017, 03:35 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919997
Astral85 Reputation: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Not quite, the page size is variable and for me page 2 starts at post #41.

When linking I advise you to link directly to the post as I did.
I see, I do not know how to do that hence giving the post numbers instead. Would you be kind enough to instruct on how to do that?

Old 09-14-2017, 03:41 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919998
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Use ?p=<post number>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral85 View Post
I see, I do not know how to do that hence giving the post numbers instead. Would you be kind enough to instruct on how to do that?
Looking at your original post it's POST ID # = 919997

So you to link to it you should use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=919997.

Basically ?p=<post number>. Does this make sense?

It's also possible to use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#post but I tend not to use this method.

Last edited by red-ray; 09-14-2017 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Add bbcode link

Old 09-14-2017, 03:54 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920002

I see, so the post number comes after .php? and you use p= instead of t=... I guess t= refers to thread...

Old 09-14-2017, 04:08 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920004
Thumbs up Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral85 View Post
I see, so the post number comes after .php? and you use p= instead of t=... I guess t= refers to thread...
Yes, I don't think it's written down and suspect I reverse engineered this a few years ago

Old 09-14-2017, 04:37 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920005

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Yes, I don't think it's written down and suspect I reverse engineered this a few years ago
Great, thanks for that, always something new to learn.

Now I wonder if the admin stuff with Link can be looked into. I guess this could be configured in Task Scheduler but I am not highly adept in that area. I guess allowing other users to run the task other than administrator should work but I have trouble getting that to work with other programs in the past.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:47 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920007
Wired Reputation: 32

If you click the post number in the top right, e.g. this is # 21, that will give you a link directly to the post. If you want to know the post ID for some reason, yes, it's in the URL, but it's also in the top right of each post.

If you want to quote a post, just hit the QUOTE button below it, and then respond. If you want to quote a post in a different thread, just copy the text you see after hitting the QUOTE button.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 09-14-2017, 05:55 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
If you click the post number in the top right, e.g. this is # 21, that will give you a link directly to the post. If you want to know the post ID for some reason, yes, it's in the URL, but it's also in the top right of each post.

If you want to quote a post, just hit the QUOTE button below it, and then respond. If you want to quote a post in a different thread, just copy the text you see after hitting the QUOTE button.
I see, thanks!

Old 09-14-2017, 08:21 AM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920027
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post

Huh. Clicking on the post number in the upper right works better for getting the link of a specific post than the way I have been doing it so thank you for pointing this out. But can we get back to the topic at hand which is having to have admin rights to run the latest version of Corsair Link? There are a number of posts about this problem so it is troubling that Corsair seems to be unaware of it until now. Perhaps with so many problems with Corsair Link and various firmware issues, it may be difficult to keep track of them all.

That said, now that this problem has been brought up (again), what is the solution and when will it be implemented? I am not even going to ask how this got past validation testing before release, but it does make one wonder about Corsair's software validation process.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920099
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

We're aware of this. I actually just found out about this issue (I've only been PM for Link for a couple of months) and flagged the bug as top priority.

To be honest, most of us just disable UAC on our systems. The problem could be as simple as all the power nerds at Corsair just never thinking to check with UAC enabled, and it's possible the bug was previously listed as low priority. THAT has been corrected and it's on the engineering team's radar as something that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:07 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920239
Confused I reported this issue to Corsair on Mon 05-Jun-2017 @ 23:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I actually just found out about this issue (I've only been PM for Link for a couple of months) and flagged the bug as top priority.
I reported this issue to Corsair on Mon 05-Jun-2017 @ 23:52 and also specified how I would address it. What the e-mail said is:

Quote:
Assuming the CPUID SDK was used in the GUI just for AMD Radeon there is a far better solution. The advantages and what is needed are:
  1. The GUI does not need ADMIN rights
  2. The CPUID SDK is not used in the GUI
  3. The CPUID SDK in the service should not get held up by the GUI so CL4 would start-up faster
  4. If there are start-up bugs in the CPUID SDK then this will not cause all the issues CL 4.7.0.77 has
  5. The nVidia GPU + Intel GPU only need to be in the service anyway.
  6. Basically all the CL4 developers need to do is directly use http://developer.amd.com/display-library-adl-sdk/ (This is the current URL and was originally different)
  7. Call ADL_Main_Control_Create(ADL_Main_Memory_Alloc, 1 ) to initialise things
  8. Call ADL_Adapter_NumberOfAdapters_Get() to get the # GPUs
  9. Call ADL_Adapter_AdapterInfo_Get() to get all the GPU IDs
  10. For each GPU call ADL_Overdrive6_Temperature_Get() to get the temp + ADL_Overdrive6_FanSpeed_Get() for the fan speed.
  11. Loop back to #8 for each update
  12. Call ADL_Main_Control_Destroy() to cleanup.
  13. I don’t know what CL4 does about using AMD GPU temps to control fans, but the GUI could still pass them to the service.
  14. The following code should save them some time
  15. I suspect it would take me a couple of hours tops.
It really is quite easy and would be a far better solution.

Code:
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_MAIN_CONTROL_CREATE                 )( ADL_MAIN_MALLOC_CALLBACK, LONG                                     );
typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_MAIN_CONTROL_DESTROY                )(                                                                    );
typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_ADAPTER_NUMBEROFADAPTERS_GET        )( LONG        *                                                      );
typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_ADAPTER_ADAPTERINFO_GET             )( AdapterInfo *,            LONG                                     );
typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_OVERDRIVE6_TEMPERATURE_GET          )( LONG,                             LONG                   *         );
typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_OVERDRIVE5_TEMPERATURE_GET          )( LONG,                     LONG,   ADLTemperature         *         );
typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_OVERDRIVE6_FANSPEED_GET             )( LONG,                             ADLOD6FanSpeedInfo     *         );
typedef LONG ( __cdecl *ADL_OVERDRIVE5_FANSPEED_GET             )( LONG,                     LONG,   ADLFanSpeedValue       *         );

ADL_MAIN_CONTROL_CREATE                 pADL_Main_Control_Create;
    ADL_MAIN_CONTROL_DESTROY                pADL_Main_Control_Destroy;
    ADL_ADAPTER_NUMBEROFADAPTERS_GET        pADL_Adapter_NumberOfAdapters_Get;
    ADL_ADAPTER_ADAPTERINFO_GET             pADL_Adapter_AdapterInfo_Get;
    ADL_OVERDRIVE6_TEMPERATURE_GET          pADL_Overdrive6_Temperature_Get;
    ADL_OVERDRIVE5_TEMPERATURE_GET          pADL_Overdrive5_Temperature_Get;
    ADL_OVERDRIVE6_FANSPEED_GET             pADL_Overdrive6_FanSpeed_Get;
    ADL_OVERDRIVE5_FANSPEED_GET             pADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeed_Get;

VOID * __stdcall ADL_Main_Memory_Alloc( int siz )
{
  return HeapAlloc( GetProcessHeap(), HEAP_ZERO_MEMORY, siz );
}

VOID __stdcall ADL_Main_Memory_Free( VOID **ptr )
{
  if( (  ptr ) &&
      ( *ptr ) )
  {
    HeapFree( GetProcessHeap(), 0, *ptr );

*ptr = NULL;
  }

return;
}

This is based is what I found shortly after CL 4.7.0.77 was released and what I said in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903725.

Last edited by red-ray; 09-17-2017 at 04:34 AM. Reason: use [quote] + URL has changed

Old 09-17-2017, 02:22 AM
FALE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920306
FALE Reputation: 18

Quote:
We're aware of this. I actually just found out about this issue (I've only been PM for Link for a couple of months) and flagged the bug as top priority.

To be honest, most of us just disable UAC on our systems. The problem could be as simple as all the power nerds at Corsair just never thinking to check with UAC enabled, and it's possible the bug was previously listed as low priority. THAT has been corrected and it's on the engineering team's radar as something that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I get the random USB noise while gaming as well. The whole LNP died for like 3 reboots at one point then came back before I could tear down my computer to figure it out. Same behavior as the poster. Win 10x64 PRO standard not fast ring or anything. Standard consumer version. Link version 4.8.2.1 does the new version fix this? UAC is on and will stay on. THx

Last edited by FALE; 09-17-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:07 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 920482
Greybeard Reputation: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALE View Post
I get the random USB noise while gaming as well. The whole LNP died for like 3 reboots at one point then came back before I could tear down my computer to figure it out. Same behavior as the poster. Win 10x64 PRO standard not fast ring or anything. Standard consumer version. Link version 4.8.2.1 does the new version fix this? UAC is on and will stay on. THx
The most recent version of C Link is version 4.8.3.8. I'd try that first and see if that will address your LNP issue.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:32 AM
FALE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920604
FALE Reputation: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
The most recent version of C Link is version 4.8.3.8. I'd try that first and see if that will address your LNP issue.
Issue stopped happening. Haven't installed the new version yet but it's fine for now. Tech support doesn't get credit for when stuff works so thx dudes.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 920650
Greybeard Reputation: 24

Cool good to hear. I'd keep monitoring it and see if you run into any unusual behavior.

If you see any, let us know.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:31 AM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920698

Quote:

Hi Dustin,

I am getting a regular .NET Runtime error in Event Viewer and it may offer some clues as to why Link is not starting with Windows from a standard account. Key words - Unauthorized access and Task Scheduler.

Event 1026

Application: CorsairLink4.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.V2Interop.ITaskDefinition, Int32, System.Object, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskLogonType, System.Object)
at Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskDefinition, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskCreation, System.String, System.String, Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.TaskLogonType, System.String)
at CorsairLink4.Win7.Services.UtilService.SetupApplicationRunAtStartup(Boolean)
at CorsairLink4.Win7.App..ctor(Boolean)
at CorsairLink4.Win7.App.Main(System.String[])