The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2016, 08:24 PM

POST ID # = 848477
Fentia Reputation: 10
Default Losing connection and needing to reset

Hi, i have a Corsair Void Wireless RGB - it's a good headset, it's more comfortable than the G930 but the range is quite a bit worse

I used to be able to walk all around the house with the G930, but the Void Wireless loses connection if i just leave the computer room. That's fine, but the problem is if i leave the computer room with my headset on, and walk around, the headset will keep connecting and reconnecting.

After doing this a couple of times, it will completely lose connection, and when i come back to the PC, i can't see the headset listed in audio devices, and if any program was running (Netflix, Spotify, Youtube), that program will have frozen.

I then have to take the USB out of the PC and put it back in for the headset to reconnect.

Can you do something to fix this?

Old 04-22-2016, 12:15 AM

POST ID # = 848493
JimSolo Reputation: 10

This is the same issue I've had with mine since I bought mine in early January. Sometimes you have to take the stick out and re-plug it, sometimes you have to restart the entire system a few times. It's temperamental.

If it were going to be fixed, it would have been. I'm fine with issues on launch, but after 4 months, it's inexcuseable. Period.

The latest firmware update halved the range of the void (I can't even go all the way across my room anymore, used to be able to walk around the whole house) and made this issue even worse.

I'll be saving up for a Logitech G933 I think. I've had it with Corsair ignoring the problems that have been reported to them hundreds of thousands of times. I'm a software developer, I know how easy it is to fix these things.

It's depressing, given the amount of people I've influenced to buy Corsair over the years. I'm forced to be selective about what I suggest now.

Last edited by JimSolo; 04-22-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:41 AM
t0dddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848523
t0dddy Reputation: 10

jimsolo instead of assuming its not going to get fixed, have a look on the forums first..

this is an issue they are aware of & i can confirm it has not always been a problem, so please refrain from saying you have had this problem since January.. i have had the headset since before then (august) & only recently had this issue, the problem is the CUE software.. if you close the program, and try and recreate the fault it does not happen.. thus proving its a CUE problem and not the headset in general..

words of advice, check forums first & see if other people are having the same issue. we are & they ARE fixing it...

Old 04-22-2016, 04:04 PM
panni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848586
panni Reputation: 10

Yep: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=156655

Old 04-24-2016, 03:57 AM

POST ID # = 848762
JimSolo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0dddy View Post
jimsolo instead of assuming its not going to get fixed, have a look on the forums first..

this is an issue they are aware of & i can confirm it has not always been a problem, so please refrain from saying you have had this problem since January.. i have had the headset since before then (august) & only recently had this issue, the problem is the CUE software.. if you close the program, and try and recreate the fault it does not happen.. thus proving its a CUE problem and not the headset in general..

words of advice, check forums first & see if other people are having the same issue. we are & they ARE fixing it...
And if you wish to call me a liar without any proof or logic behind said statement, I suggest *you* check the forums yourself: http://forum.corsair.com/v2/showthread.php?t=155647

It was reported by myself, and many people I know, on many occasions, back then, and has continued to be (i have stalked these forums since) for the last 4 months.

I have seen and already completed the steps within that thread. If it had worked, I wouldn't be here. My previous statements still stand.

I suggest you take your own 'words of advice' to heart before daring to assume things on my end.

Last edited by JimSolo; 04-24-2016 at 04:05 AM.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:33 AM
t0dddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 848831

FYI i was not calling you a "liar" i was disagreeing with your comment, the issue for me has not been present until recently.. i cant say i have had it since January that is not the case & i see your post hasnt had a reply since 30th January, why wait till now to say the same problem when you already made it aware to them.. all i said was i havnt had the issue since January & i disagreed with your comment :D

EDIT: SEE IN PANNI'S POST HE SAYS IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY BEFORE... cant be just the 2 of us it was working fine for and NOT just you..

Old 04-28-2016, 03:49 AM
panni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849466

Well t0dddy, what's really discouraging I must say is, that the disconnect problem has been there for two months now and I was able to fix it by going back to their older CUE version. As this seems a software (CUE or driver) issue, it should be fixed way sooner as it's what we call a critical bug, impairing the general use of the headset.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:39 PM
t0dddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 849882

its a CUE issue, & if the issue been here since two months, how come a previous version of CUE fixes it.. surely the problem would be with the all the CUE versions from the last 2 months..

Old 05-03-2016, 06:36 PM
panni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850440

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0dddy View Post
its a CUE issue, & if the issue been here since two months, how come a previous version of CUE fixes it.. surely the problem would be with the all the CUE versions from the last 2 months..
Well, because t0dddy, CUE 1.14.43 is from January, which is over two months ago.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:29 AM

POST ID # = 850552
Xane Tempest Reputation: 10

I have a similar problem, but I can cause a disconnect by simply raising my arms, turning my head or putting a hand over the left cup of my headphones.

I posted another topic because this one seems to be less temperamental. Sadly, I can't even get through one song before the headset disconnects. I've given up on using it until I can get a suggestion for a fix (more than unplug, reset with paperclip and plug back in)

Old 05-04-2016, 02:05 PM
panni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xane Tempest View Post
I have a similar problem, but I can cause a disconnect by simply raising my arms, turning my head or putting a hand over the left cup of my headphones.

I posted another topic because this one seems to be less temperamental. Sadly, I can't even get through one song before the headset disconnects. I've given up on using it until I can get a suggestion for a fix (more than unplug, reset with paperclip and plug back in)
That sounds like either a faulty dongle/headset, or a massive 2.4ghz WiFi pollution in your home.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:54 PM
panni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 850609

OK, the key for the fix may be the driver version 2.0.41.0 (25.11.2015).
2.0.42.0 (29.02.2016) seems to have the problems mentioned.

@Xane Tempest: Does going back to CUE 1.14.43 or the driver version I just mentioned change/fix your problems?