The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790564
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs down Oh yes it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I'll readily concede Link has a lot of problem children, but the Commander Mini isn't one of them.
Oh yes it is! I am still waiting for firmware to address http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=757703 and internal temperature feedback only works for sensor 4 when it should work for all 4 sensors.

Further CL can only report one of the three I have.

There is the LED flickering issue.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:35 PM
Timmall's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791391
Timmall Reputation: 10

Folks, it's been quite some time since I've accessed this forum and I'm amazed that the problems with Corsair Link continue. Same problems, same attempted damage control and same promises for a better product. I put up with about 2 years of empty promises and finally just quit waiting. It's a shame that this purportedly reputable company can't seem to get their act together!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:44 PM

POST ID # = 791393
Nadar Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmall View Post
Folks, it's been quite some time since I've accessed this forum and I'm amazed that the problems with Corsair Link continue. Same problems, same attempted damage control and same promises for a better product. I put up with about 2 years of empty promises and finally just quit waiting. It's a shame that this purportedly reputable company can't seem to get their act together!
Spot on! I've also given up a long time ago, but was stupid enough to by another CL hardware as I thought that they must have gotten their act together by now as these things are still in sale (should have remembered: "fool me once...").

Boy was I wrong! It took a long time until they managed to release a version that even recognized my H100iGTX's temp sensor. Now it's recognized, but most of the time it won't respond to what I tell it to, the fans will visually run at a completely different speed than the graph displays even on the "standard" curves. Custom curve is completely futile, and basicly I just have to let it run in it's default state (without using CL). It's a tragedy really. In addition, my "old" Cooling Node still has most of the problems it originally had, rendering it useless as well.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:40 PM
aaron7's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791794
aaron7 Reputation: 10

Ugh, there with you guys. I've tried everything and followed as many threads as I could... just can't get it detected. All I want is to change it from blue to red...

Old 07-28-2015, 06:01 AM
Slipgate's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791897
Slipgate Reputation: 10

Quote:
There's only so much I can do. I see the bugs here and then report them in our bug tracker, then basically keep banging on the walls until I hear something has changed/improved. Periodically I'll get new drops that are undergoing validation testing, but I can't share those for obvious reasons.

All I can tell you is that development is ongoing, and a new version that should address a lot of these problems is due before the month is out.
6 months later and still unable to put out a decent bit of code. Probably should've stuck with the memory business.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:54 PM
wcndave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 792286
wcndave Reputation: 12
Thumbs down

Quote:
All I can tell you is that development is ongoing, and a new version that should address a lot of these problems is due before the month is out.
This was written in January, and yet 6 months later it looks like the promised release is not yet here. (The one that actually fixes problems).

I am one of those majority users for whom it must be working, because I've not really complained. I have Corsair mem, PSU, cooler, fans, the lot, and yet I can't see anything on Clink, and what I can see is wrong.

My CPUs are at 20 deg idle, and my fans are way too loud, yet at full load my CPU gets way too hot. I just want a way to control this, and I've been effectively waiting for 2 years for that to happen.

The marketing does not match the reality, and to me that is mis-selling the same way banks mis-sold primes. I.e. immoral and corrupt and plain uncaring.

After shelling out near $1,000 on corsair for a decent rig, an amount which could be every two years for life, you've lost another customer. And not only do you lose my next $25,000 but I advise friends and enthusiasts to look elsewhere. 10 dissatisfied customers will lose you more than 1,000 moderately happy customers will gain you...

Old 09-20-2016, 06:07 PM

POST ID # = 872223
oscillik Reputation: 13

I'll be putting together another rig in a few months time.

After checking back on this thread, it's a 100% guarantee that I will not be buying any Corsair products to compliment the build.

I no longer recommend Corsair products to friends when they ask for help with what components to choose for their computer builds, in fact I now actively discourage them from buying Corsair due to the complete clusterfrak that this Corsair Link issue has become.

I can understand and appreciate that things are complicated by having to rely on firmware and software libraries from a 3rd party (CoolIT, etc), however the fact remains that paying customers have been well and truly short-changed because the product used to work and gradually over time stopped working.

It seems very clear that software girls and guys at Corsair hadn't even tried the CL software with Microsoft developer builds of Windows 8.1, which is evident by the way the software was spoken of during and after the official rollout of Windows 8.1.

I'm sure the same complete lack of foresight occurred with Windows 10 (absolutely no testing during Microsoft Insider builds), which is why my Corsair Link hardware sits gathering dust.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:35 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872285
snapper69 Reputation: 32

I have a Corsair PSU, Corsair DDR4 memory and an H110i GT cooler, all of which are (in my not so humble opinion) excellent, however Link doesn't work for me, it won't detect my cooler, so I use the Asus software to control/monitor my fans etc. My cooler pump runs on quiet mode with a blue led, courtesy of a previous install when Link actually worked, and everything works great. Hardware 10/10 Link 1/10 purely because it has a background picture of my 900D case. My apologies to Corsair, the problem was traced to either a faulty usb cable or a faulty motherboard header.

Last edited by snapper69; 10-20-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:44 AM

POST ID # = 875446
rodster88 Reputation: 10
Default Enough is enough

Me too, I'm out.

Same problem; in the past (a couple of OS reinstalls over the last few years), I have always managed to solve the problems and get Corsairlink running well. This was only achieved by many hours of trawling through seemingly endless forum entries, plugging/unplugging, tweaking and fiddling.

Tonight, several days after the latest reinstall, I got the courage up to try and get Corsairlink up and running. . . . I thought "Surely the people at Corsair MUST have got this together by now"

But, no. . . .alas . . . no detection of hard ware ( I have lights, ax760I, fans etc)

Plus a constant USB engage/disengage sound. Maybe the fix was easy this time but I'm not sticking around to find out.

Here's how I solved the problem;

1: Unplug Corsairlink unit

2: Never use it again

Of course, now I don't use the link unit, there is now no real reason to buy any more corsair hardware, is there? Pity, they mostly do good hardware, I may still use their RAM . . .

But the trust is totally gone. So is their software.

Happy Days!!

Old 10-15-2016, 09:23 PM
MrBeer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 875556
MrBeer Reputation: 10

I don't know why Corsair can't release beta versions and then do some of the things that people want before they release the stable release.People would like that.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:12 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 876202

Last night I found a mini usb to external usb cable and, as I had a few minutes spare, decided to try connecting it to my H110i GT. It worked. Link detected my cooler and I was able to control it. All I need to do now is wire the fans back into the pump connectors and I'll be able to connect them too. All I need to do now is figure out if the problem lies with the original cable or the motherboard usb header. It looks like I'll have to reinstall my Commander Mini so that I can control my case fans.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:33 PM

POST ID # = 876370
dbvd Reputation: 10
Default Too coarse for me.

Just bought this H80i, having all these same problems, and after seeing all these posts and no help from Corsair, time to return this boat anchor.

I'm going for the new NZXT Kraken x31. They have their own "link" type software, CAM 3.0, and it looks amazing, and others are praising it. That's what I'm going to do.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:33 AM

POST ID # = 876410
Sptz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbvd View Post
Just bought this H80i, having all these same problems, and after seeing all these posts and no help from Corsair, time to return this boat anchor.

I'm going for the new NZXT Kraken x31. They have their own "link" type software, CAM 3.0, and it looks amazing, and others are praising it. That's what I'm going to do.
To be fair, you don't really need to have the software installed anyway. I've been running my H110i GTX for almost a year without it being plugged to the motherboard's USB.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Cybershaman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877624
Cybershaman Reputation: 24
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sptz View Post
To be fair, you don't really need to have the software installed anyway. I've been running my H110i GTX for almost a year without it being plugged to the motherboard's USB.
That really isn't a fair statement at all considering the whole point of the software is to vary the fan(s) speed so that they aren't screaming at you while your machine is idle. Are your fans running at maximum speed? Can you even tell? If they aren't, then you aren't getting the maximum cooling that you could and should have available either.

Many who get a liquid cooler also overclock their CPUs so having reliable automatic speed control for one's fans is a godsend. Especially since even moderate fan drone noise can even effect one's hearing in the long run. What if someone were using a Link compatible cooling solution in a HTPC? You certainly wouldn't want your fans continuously running at 'whatever' RPM since they could easily interfere with movie viewing. So, saying you don't need the software is a bit like saying you don't need throttle control on your car. Sure, it would still "work" but it's hardly as useful as it could, and rightfully should, be.

For the most part, I have mostly loved my Corsair hardware. It's just the software department that's in extremely dire need of help. And it has been that way for years. :/

Old 11-02-2016, 06:04 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877647

I ran my H110i GT for 9 months without using Link. I used Asus fan Xpert to control the cooler fans and the case fans, and it worked very well, with the cooler fans running at a nice quiet 700 rpm. The only things that I couldn't do were change the colour and switch the pump between quiet and performance and as it was set to quiet with a blue led (courtesy of a previous installation) I didn't need to do that anyway. So it is possible to run it without Link/usb cable if you aren't too bothered about the pump speed and led colour.