Corsair Community

CMK32GX4M2B3200C16R with Ryzen 3900x

Newman17

Hi all,

I would like some info on the DDR4 kit specified in the title - I managed to find a good deal on it, but I had to pull the trigger rather suddenly, and Corsair being a renowned manufacuter I assumed I would be able to make this work.

So, I will soon be assembling my new system, components already bought and are as follows:

- AMD Ryzen 3900x

- Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (wifi)

- Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3200C16R LPX 3200MHz 2x16 GB (red) kit.

The rest of the spec is probably irrelevant for the question at hand, but here it is regardless:

- Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler

- Adata SX8200 Pro 1tb SSD

- Toshiba P300 3TB HDD

- Nvidia GTX 970 (old card currently in my old system, I plan on using it for a while longer until newer generations come out, I'm not liking the current state of the GPU market).

- Corsair RM850x PSU.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get said memory kit to work at 3200 MHz with the configuration I outlined above? I was hoping I'd be able to get the board to do the work automatically using a profile, but I understand that's less likely with an AMD based system, so I may need to set up timings myself. For now, I'd just like to know if someone had experience with said memory kit on a Ryzen based system? Thanks.

Edited by Newman17

Experiences with certain models can differ even if all the components are the same. However there is no point in stressing yourself over that. Make sure you use the correct DIMM slots and just try if the XMP does work.

2x16GB @ 3200 should be easy enough with Zen2. In case you need help with manually configuring memory settings, there are multiple options available like going the DRAM "Calculator" route or following one of the AMD specific memroy OC guides out there.

Experiences with certain models can differ even if all the components are the same. However there is no point in stressing yourself over that. Make sure you use the correct DIMM slots and just try if the XMP does work.

2x16GB @ 3200 should be easy enough with Zen2. In case you need help with manually configuring memory settings, there are multiple options available like going the DRAM "Calculator" route or following one of the AMD specific memroy OC guides out there.

Thanks! Yea I've looked into the Dram calc route, even though I've never had to mess with ram timings before it seems doable - run taiphoon burner, input data into dram calc, then input those figures and hope for the best.

Anyway, I guess I'll find out in a couple of days when I start assembling the new rig. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update - just in case someone can find this info useful. I have just completed my build, it's a 3900x Ryzen on an ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WiFi) motherboard, with the ram specified above (Corsair LPX 2x16 GB 3200 MHz kit, red CMK32GX4M2B3200C16R).

Activating DOCP in BIOS offered me one profile which activated without issues. I've been able to confirm the RAM is running correctly at 3200 MHz (16-18-18-36) without any need for manual setup (ymmv, ofc). I've also been able to confirm that I lucked out with my RAM as it's Samsung B-die.

Adding this since I haven't found this particular model on the QVL, however on my rig it works without issues so far.