Corsair Community

Tubing won't seat properly into fitting

jbarker4682

Hello all... I have the 14mm OD PMMA tubing from Corsair along with various XF Hardline 14mm OD fittings like this one: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Fittings/hydro-x-fitting-config/p/CX-9052007-WW

However, when I try to push the end of the tube into the fitting, it doesn't go in vey far, or is crooked, and even after tightening the O-Ring down, the fitting comes off with very little effort...

What am I doing wrong?

Yep! Seems like you need the deburring tool and smooth out those inner and outer edges. Also, you do need to push a little hard, it won't go in easy, I thought I was going to break the o-ring when I pushed the tubing but no, nothing broke.

Push till you can't push anymore and just to make sure, measure from where the stop of the inside of the fitting is, to the edge of where the nut sits, I think it's like 1/4 of an inch.......I may be off. Or half? But definitely, the tubing should not come off after tightening it down.

I use one of these on my PMMA tubing.

02730000.jpg

generally called a reaming tool.. it will round off the inside and outside edges

can also be done with a fine grit sand paper

this was done with a Reaming Tool like above

http://i.imgur.com/3ynnTdZl.jpg

the art to is it is being gentle.. no need to be apply huge amounts of force when using the tool

Edited by Zotty

• Corsair Employee
Yep! Seems like you need the deburring tool and smooth out those inner and outer edges. Also, you do need to push a little hard, it won't go in easy, I thought I was going to break the o-ring when I pushed the tubing but no, nothing broke.

Push till you can't push anymore and just to make sure, measure from where the stop of the inside of the fitting is, to the edge of where the nut sits, I think it's like 1/4 of an inch.......I may be off. Or half? But definitely, the tubing should not come off after tightening it down.

To add details about the length of tubing in the fitting.

With XF Hardline fittings there is 6mm from stop to the edge of fitting (without the compression ring).

OlkHTlt.png

To add details about the length of tubing in the fitting.

With XF Hardline fittings there is 6mm from stop to the edge of fitting (without the compression ring).

OlkHTlt.png

Thanks for that GregX.. have pinched the image for my FAQ :D::D: