Corsair Community

Will my corsair TX-750w power 2 280gtx's?

jasonelmore

I'm thinking of picking up a additional 280 GTX's and i'm wanting to know if any of you have a Corsair TX 750 with 2 of these cards? My full Specs are listed in my profile. i have a core i7 system so i was gonna make sure i could run 2 of these cards with my current motherboard and cpu setup. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It automatically tells me to get the 1000 watt anytime you put 2 G200 cards together. Its really Conservative. Well I'll find out in 2 days. thats when i get my other card in.

I found a couple of other sites with QX cpu's in them with 2 280's in them and at full load the system was pulling around 550Watt. I have a 2A water cooling pump however and about 6 120mm Fans counting the one's that are on the RAD. I think i'll be alright

• Corsair Employee
It automatically tells me to get the 1000 watt anytime you put 2 G200 cards together. Its really Conservative.

I see what you mean, I would agree that the TX750 should be able to power the system with no problems, I think our PSU finder may just be a little on the conservative side.

Archived