Corsair Community

My headset constantly "turns off"

Kurzio

While using my headset, it randomly turns off, like it was unplugged from the USB port, but it is still plugged in. The sound stops and the volume ring lights go out. I've had this headset for almost two months before this started. I have tried other USB ports on the same computer, and also on my laptop with no success. It varies on how long it takes to do this, usually about 5-10 minutes, and rarely its got to an hour. When it does this, I have to unplug it, wait a little bit, and plug it back in. It's like someone came by every few minutes, unplugged the headset and left so I had to plug it back in, which is really annoying when in a game.

Try uninstalling all of your USB ports/hubs in Device Manager and rebooting and let them reinstall automatically. Could just be a fluke driver issue. This will basically reset everything USB related in the OS. If you do this, make sure the power options are set as they should be again. (To not allow the computer to turn off the ports if it wants to).

Also, make sure all USB devices are unplugged before performing the uninstalling of all the usb hubs/ports.

You may need to use a PS2 keyboard and mouse for this task!

uh, he tried it in a laptop... which probably has more aggressive power management than his desktop... i'd say stick with the troubleshooting before RMA'n that headset. No sense in RMA'n something that if the returned one will do the same thing.

Archived